Transfer pain mechanism

Transfer pain mechanism

Postby ZeroX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 4:51 pm

SO i've been in some fights and since lindvior i start to notice way more often(i guess due to the overall dps increase), my transfer is being ignored when someone is doing a lot of damage, what does it depend on? It's it because the damage is bigger than my HP?

I check system log and it says i got xxx dmg, doesnt say anything for pet, but transfer pain is on...specially noticable vs daggers, but just now a nuker did it to me, completetly disregarding pet.
ZeroX

Re: Transfer pain mechanism

Postby Xanvial » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:02 pm

I think when incoming damage is greater than your hp, it will bypass transfer pain, which mean you'll be dead.

I guess in calculation it works like hidden drain health using pet hp. Which mean, first, player take full damage, then drain his pet health. So if the player's health already reach zero when taking damage, the drain part won't happen
Xanvial

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Sun Sep 15, 2013 6:06 pm

If the damage transfer is greater than the servitor's remaining health, it does not transfer. If the pet is more than 1, 000 dist ance away, it will not transfer. Half kills cannot transfer. DOT damage cannot transfer.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby ZeroX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:02 pm

Mmm i'll take it into count. I was surprised cause i fought this dagger in oly, 1 st match was very 50-50, both of us gave a fight, however on next match, i got my cp down on first blow and after 3rd-4th blow from him he did 20k dmg on me when my hp was praticaly almost full(and nightshade was close to 1/4 hp which is strange because the match barely last max 15 seconds!), then a nuker does 23k dmg when my nightshade was around 1/3 HP.

This rly blows vs dagger lol I came up with a strategy to kill them but then any random comes and 3 shot me :roll: if it goes as planned(without very lucky shots) i win however, unless oponent well geared. :)

thx :D
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Sun Sep 15, 2013 10:06 pm

What armor do you wear?
KnightOfDarkness

Postby ZeroX » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:01 pm

seraph hvy def all bound, +4 upper, rest +3, 2 full elements, rest is around half way (half of element crystals applied), pvp def belt. Always carry talisman crit dmg reduction passive and active for oly, got cloak of light >>

do u use harp melody? if i remember right this was nerfed to hell vs blows, sometimes i take it , sometimes i dont, the diference seems almost none on dmg done to me but i cant be rly sure due to diferent oponents and dmg can go from 50 to 20k randomly, except i loose a lot of cast speed( since i swap between lute or harp), and as a dark elf, it's noticable.
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Sun Sep 15, 2013 11:51 pm

I do use harp yes, I have noticed random instances of daggers dealing large amounts of damage that don't show up in the console or transfer to the pets but those typically don't deal enough damage to kill. The lack of elemental resistance will hurt you a lot though.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby ZeroX » Mon Sep 16, 2013 12:15 am

I forgot to add i have p df/m def trigger, i get a considerable amount of p def from it, when i have full elements, and possibly 99 (which will take long seeing as im kinda more focused on pvp recently and no PA/vit) i will get back to u on how it turns out..however im afraid by then daggers have back their "focus death" and be possibly unable to know if indeed i got a huge boost in defense or not.. =S
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Mon Sep 16, 2013 1:39 am

Well The thing about summoners is that they are guaranteed a certain threshold of power just because of the base stats of the summons and the fixed damage on the DOTs, regardless of difference in equipment, you will not fall below a certain DPS like other classes can. On the other hand, it is also much harder to get a substantial increase in strength. What this means is that summoners are gods among noobs and annoyances among gods. You can steadily increase your defense as a summoner like everyone else but then, and it will likely come as this has already happened to especially necromancers in the past, but there will come a point where killing the summon first and then the summoner will be easier than the opposite. When that day comes, summoners will be even more useless that feoh wizards. Thats just the game design flaw with summoners. Servitor share was a step in the right direction, but it only helps so much.

In the next update, summoners will be able to proc their servitor's wrath without taking damage which will be great in mass pvp. But then also, among player with top equipment, the servitor's DPS is meaningless because unlike other classes, getting epics and pvp weapons and ++++ weapons 10 will not remedy the situation of ++++ pvp armor.

The only saving grace being that even having 1,000,000 p.def and m.def will not save you from Mark DPS. But contrary to that, having ++++ health will make marks insignificant. Speaking of +++ health, take a look at all the health upgrades in the ability system and think about summoner's biggest counter, tyrr warriors, who also sport the most HP and CP making them not only resistant to getting marks in the first place with berserker rage (which has gotten progressively better since GOD opened) but the marks that do land make little difference in such a large pool of health. Top that off with high defense to fend of servitors with naturally weak pvp damage and summoners naturally weak direct damage on top of spammable stuns that hit the summoner and pets, invincibility, faster speed, etc. etc. and you have a perfect counter. The problem is all classes, with enough money, can become as problematic to a wynn summoner as a tyrr warrior is just due to limitations due to fixed stats. Now with how the game is naturally designed, such stats aren't feasible. But throw NCwest and RMT in the mix and well the game's natural design to cut off well geared players is only relevant in keeping the casual gamers in their rightful role of cannon fodder.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby ZeroX » Tue Sep 17, 2013 10:51 pm

Right now alrdy healers reach 50k cp + close to 40khp as hero, on top of that there's that hero berserk that should've been updated to not have 2 minute debuff immunity which renders wynn vs hero party useless...epeisodion isnt looking good for top pvp wynns =(

They also screwed with the pvp armor, coz hvy pvp doesnt work on players without the hvy mastery afaik so were forced to walk around on robe rdy to get faceshoted above the ten thousands like maggots.
ZeroX

Next

Return to Summoner Classes