Summoners in Valiance and onwards

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Thu Feb 13, 2014 10:23 pm

I've been practicing vs othells. It is very well possible to beat them consistently. It just requires so, so, so, so, so much effort and precision on your part. The slightest mistake will kill you literally.
KnightOfDarkness

Re: Strangers

Postby Illogical » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:33 pm

KnightOfDarkness wrote:I've been practicing vs othells. It is very well possible to beat them consistently. It just requires so, so, so, so, so much effort and precision on your part. The slightest mistake will kill you literally.

Yes, but pre-Valiance they were so easy to beat. Now I rather face a Tyrr or Feoh, even a Healer than a friggin Othell
Illogical

Postby Quim » Thu Feb 13, 2014 11:49 pm

Illogical wrote:
KnightOfDarkness wrote:I've been practicing vs othells. It is very well possible to beat them consistently. It just requires so, so, so, so, so much effort and precision on your part. The slightest mistake will kill you literally.

Yes, but pre-Valiance they were so easy to beat. Now I rather face a Tyrr or Feoh, even a Healer than a friggin Othell

Healer should be 'easy' for good wynns to win... Exception maybe full geared dark elf SE or healers with PvP weapon... In worst case you can just put pets attacking + some heals and balance and run whole match. With reflect the damage they do on you they reflect on themselves aswell.
Quim

Re: Summoners in Valiance and onwards

Postby Illogical » Sat Feb 15, 2014 7:51 pm

I noticed this problem before in siege, but that's a whole different situation. The more and more Olympiad I do I notice that Summon Barrier is just not up to par to Arcana Barrier and Giant's Barrier. And maybe not to par at all if you include UE/Celestial Protection. While Giants Barrier blocks damage and boost your stats, making you still able to do damage while it's up and Arcana Barrier reflects the damage you receive as well as you still able to do damage. Summon Barrier leaves me defenceless as soon as I use a skill. It's nice that I can cripple's MP while he has Arcane Barrier up, but my chances slim to deal out 20k dmg to burn the Feoh's MP, before the Reflect kills me (or the decreased damage of his nukes do).
Illogical

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Sat Feb 15, 2014 9:40 pm

Its as I stated earlier. In 1v1s, as a summoner its your job to stall and slowly chip away at your opponent. Both in 1v1s and in mass pvp, everything you do is going to happen gradually. This is not an instant gratification class like wizards, daggers, and archers are. Even warriors have to play the waiting game only not as bad and well a well stacked tyrr duelist has the least wait time of the rest of the tyrr warriors.

So at the very least you can stall for 40 seconds straight. That's enough time to wear out most cooldowns.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Illogical » Sat Feb 15, 2014 10:52 pm

40 Seconds with +10 Servitor Barrier? Because Servitor Barrier is just a 15 second duration, stacking maybe Dispartition only raises this to 25 seconds. So where do you get the 40 sec from? I doubt that NCSoft would have an enchant route that increases a skill duration by 150%. But don't get me started on the crappy enchant routes we have these days -.-;

(And I just hate it that Servitor Barrier doesn't work for the summon, while UE/UD/AB transfer even to Panter/Hawk/Zombie and Celestial applies to Lumi)
Illogical

Postby ZeroX » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:07 am

Simply open area is death for a wynn, i cant stall a tyr or feoh on open areas or with few objects and even place with objects is actually advantage for most feohs batles with the crazy blink+ snare.

Exile is the suposedly "stall" tool but i rather use it on my pet than AOD/zerk buffed enemy.

Problem is u also gotta stall that dispa..unbind..and on daggers/archers easily goes to double time. Ironic is Dagger is the best staller...hide, hide, hide, damn hide. Dread on a close second if enemy doesnt have cleanse. :D

It's also very annoying that when u think ur enemy has run out of his best buff/skill, he pops up another, such as double or triple clones, dat giant barrier..
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Sun Feb 16, 2014 2:57 am

+10 summon barrier is 20 seconds. Then you have 10 seconds each exile, 10 seconds from dimensional binding, 5 seconds each aggression. You should be able to get at least 40 seconds straight of damage mitigation.

As it stands a summoner can easily destroy every class except daggers when facing them with each side not using cooldowns.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Illogical » Sun Feb 16, 2014 10:45 am

ZeroX wrote:Simply open area is death for a wynn, i cant stall a tyr or feoh on open areas or with few objects and even place with objects is actually advantage for most feohs batles with the crazy blink+ snare.

Yeha last night I got hammered by Tyrrs due only facing them in open arena. I can't run fast enough to keep out of Jump Attack range. Sadly, the 4 column/center column arena isn't a sure win vs Feoh either. I lost many fights there due to them being able to nuke straight to the columns, which is obviously caused by zR.
The only way to win open arena is to have pets at max range and be a pure pro using Replace. Which we all know, has a shit cast time (it takes 3-5 sec, even with 1999 cast.spd), long reuse to be a counterpart to blink and a range that is way lower than the attack range of your pets (afaik +0 Replace has a 700 range, while pets attack at 900).

But stalling with Summon Barrier... no... they'll kill your pets. Forcing you to either heal or resummon breaking your Barrier. While Feoh/Tyrr Barrier still allows them to do damage and stay protected from incoming damage. You can't kill (nor win vs) anyone with your TP pet down and the other pet doing half dmg.
Illogical

Postby ZeroX » Sun Feb 16, 2014 4:27 pm

Illogical wrote:
But stalling with Summon Barrier... no... they'll kill your pets. Forcing you to either heal or resummon breaking your Barrier. While Feoh/Tyrr Barrier still allows them to do damage and stay protected from incoming damage. You can't kill (nor win vs) anyone with your TP pet down and the other pet doing half dmg.

This is another thing that puzzles me, while summon barrier should be used to make enemy go on CDs, eventually ur pet can killed, and u are (let's imagine servitor barrier 10 sec) now waiting 30secs for the disapeareance of TP pet. U have to buy 20 seconds without invincibility, daggers smash through pets like butter cause of that lethal, i could only see summon barrier being viable after ur TP pet dies IF u got enough HP and then go summon barrier, one exile, heal 2nd pet, resummon-> balance life( but u might die from the absurd dmg/stun/silence/blablabla before u go barrier so it's hella risky either way)....btw Feoh can cancel enemy barriers afaik so that's more hax.

Man i've just seen necromancer on pts, godamn, they got perma TP, its true the sacrificial soul is bugged, working on corpse pet, but still full buffed with reuse jewel they got like 7-8 sec reuse, always resumoning pet, and we wynns completetly vulnerable the moment our TP pet hits 7k hp. It's just not fair. :(
ZeroX

PreviousNext

Return to Summoner Classes