Summoner Question

Summoner Question

Postby Rodah » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:20 pm

I asked this on the official forums and only got crickets so I'm hoping someone here can help me out. Is a Tauti 2h and +8 Light set still a viable option for pure PvE in IO?

Additionally, assuming upper-middle class gear, what would be a good setup for pure PvE on summoner.

Don't let me down Rochand and thanks in advance!!!
Rodah

Re: Summoner Question

Postby Elmar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 3:53 pm

I moved your post to the Summoner section :)

As to the question, if you already have a Tauti two-handed blunt, by all means continue to use it. But if you are going to buy a new weapon, I would recommend a Retributer. First, because when using a Retributer your servitors will get a noticeable P.Atk. bonus, and second because now the effect of the Marks depends on your M.Atk., which is naturally higher with a Retributer. Simply put, when you have the classic playstyle in Transformation, i.e. not using Marks, the Tauti is good. If you play your Summoner to his full potential, a Retributer is better.

As to armor, I myself have two Summoners in Robes and one in Leather (double use of Nuker resp. Spoiler main class equipment :D ). For PvE, where you will mostly stay away from danger, both are good. Robes nowadays give a HP bonus (which transfers to your servitors), but again, if you already have a +8 Light set, by all means continue to use it.
Elmar

Postby Rodah » Tue Aug 18, 2015 5:00 pm

Did they change something with passives? I was under the impression that a 2h Tauti receives the same 2h blunt bonus as a retri? If that is still the case then it would take a highly OE'ed retri to = the same p.attack as a 2h Tauti. I was mainly wondering if the effects of marks (which increase with m.attack) outweigh the increased servitor damage of a Tauti.
Rodah

Postby Elmar » Tue Aug 18, 2015 6:10 pm

That thing about the two-handed Tauti blunt receiving the same bonus as a two-handed mage blunt aka Retributer is a persistent rumor. I have so far not encountered a Summoner who could confirm it from personal experience, while others refute that rumor:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.php?t=274024#13

If Superior Weapon Mastery should really apply to a physical axe, it would not work as intended.
Elmar

Postby Rodah » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:09 pm

Well, I decided to go ahead and test it. Here you go:

85 Summoner (dualclass)
No armor / jewels
Adventurer Buffs

Here are stats with Requiem Retributor - Event, no SA's

Here are stats with Tauti 2h Blunt

Req Retri has 411 p. attack, tauti has 776. With the Tauti equipped this characters p. attack is nearly DOUBLE compared to the retri. Now, due to the base p. attack difference between the two weaps I think the Tauti would still give better p. attack even if it DID NOT get the bonus from Superior Weapon Mastery Passive. However, it would not result in 2x more p. attack. I am pretty sure the passive applies with a Tauti 2h.
Rodah

Postby Elmar » Wed Aug 19, 2015 3:40 am

I stand corrected :)
Elmar

Postby Laby » Wed Aug 19, 2015 8:27 am

Even if you had a bit more P.Atk with the Retributer, the increased Attack Attribute would more than make up for it. Tauti :)
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Draecke » Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:53 am

high oe retri is the best period, I've personally seen on many occasions the huge raw dps power such set up can do.

let me be clear: current valakas/anthy 1 party dead in less then 45min - fastest vally raid ever I saw was like 24min.
Draecke

Postby SirBash » Wed Sep 02, 2015 7:59 pm

It really depends on your gear and the amount of element attack you have. I believe the best weapon for wynn would be ++12 or higher bloody retri with crit dmg passive augment. I believe a +9 bloody retri would do similar damage to Tauti.
SirBash

Return to Summoner Classes