Phantom Summoners in GoD (pre 85 Leveling)

Phantom Summoners in GoD (pre 85 Leveling)

Postby fagercraft » Wed Jul 27, 2011 1:20 pm

Hi, im considering returning to the game at the release of GoD to start over from scratch (Legit player, 1-2 acc, 1 pref).
Im doing it mostely becouse its a new experience in the 1-75, and my max lvl char i have is 74, so 75+ is also new for me. Also becouse im a EU player who only has characters on US servers (played since release and came back on i believe every expension :mrgreen: ). This gives me a good time to finally start playing on a EU server so i can do events and stuff on decent times.

On to the topic, im planning on going the summoner route and Dark Elf being my choice for that (considered 85+Racials, pre-85 solo lvl capability, looks, etc).

Now so far from what i can gather is that you mostely lvl by using the "Shadow" summon for its VR and/or soulless for its damage without VR. and later at 79 with the last summon. And trowing in a nuke here and there for overhits etc.

My questions on the leveling part is more conserned about the MP consumption part both pre 75 and 75+. Since you now will be able to have a buffer pet with you at the same time as summon. And summons costs nothing bot regent and xp wise i think having a buffer pet is a good choise (consider playing 1 account ofcourse) for the 75+ part where newbie buffs will run out.

Im considering
Buffalo for:
Max Summon buff damage and VR4 for non VR summons (the lvl79 summon and Soulles).
Tiger for:
Good summon DMG(incl VR4) and Nuke DMG
Kokaburra for:
Max Nuke DMG and MP regen.
(link for pet skills: http://www.pirateninjas.net/articles/li ... oved-pets/)

Now if anyone would be able to give insight on how much you actually need MP recharge when you lvl and if you believe you need mp recharge or if you would value MAX buffs and VR for pets more.
Do you even use nukes alot 75+?

Pre 75 the buffs are not as important due to newbie buffs, but mp regen could be a upside for this area also, if MP is a shortage.

Would love thoughts and discussion on PS PVE pre 85, wich pet would you use?
Perhaps you would use a WOLF?
How much do you need MP recharge pre and after 75?
Please consider 1 account only, if i use 2 accounts i can pretty much figure it out myself ;).

PS: any thoughts on pets after 85 is also welcome, althou if i get that high, i suspect ill be partying alot more so less need for solo buffpet.
fagercraft

Re: Phantom Summoners in GoD (pre 85 Leveling)

Postby fagercraft » Wed Jul 27, 2011 9:15 pm

I am also very interested in what Weapons and armor you use while leveling. Last time i played a summoner it was like C2. I hear you got skills that gives your stats to your summons these days. Does that mean you want Fighter weapons for the stats, and if so what weapons? 2hand for patk, daggers for speed and crit etc?

Or is it mage items all the way for nukeing?
fagercraft

Postby Smittie » Sat Jul 30, 2011 1:09 am

The skill that gives part of your stats to your pet is at lvl 83, so no rush for fighter gear.

Nuking is pointless on summoner, and that includes PS. Just have the pet kill for you.

Not sure how the OP is gonna play PS with a summoned pet (kooka/cougar/buffalo), since at this time you cant summon more than one at a time, and only the awakened summoner can summon more than 1 pet.

And his post was about 1-75, not 85+.

PS + Warcryer imo. But he should be able to figure out the 2 box, like he said.
---------------------------
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby fagercraft » Sun Jul 31, 2011 3:04 am

Smittie wrote:The skill that gives part of your stats to your pet is at lvl 83, so no rush for fighter gear.

Nuking is pointless on summoner, and that includes PS. Just have the pet kill for you.

Not sure how the OP is gonna play PS with a summoned pet (kooka/cougar/buffalo), since at this time you cant summon more than one at a time, and only the awakened summoner can summon more than 1 pet.

And his post was about 1-75, not 85+.

PS + Warcryer imo. But he should be able to figure out the 2 box, like he said.

Thanks for the info! :!:
I couldnt wait for GoD so already started on EU server. Going well with event items handing me in easy cash for starter gear!

Currently play with karmian/Hommunc wAcc. Sending pet on 1 mobb and nuking another (but i realize the pet is scaling awesomely and i wont bother nuking at higher lvls).
You think theres any worth in Fighter gear at higher level at all? or is it all Casting speed and robes all the way?

About the pet. As the patchnotes said, it seems likely that all characters with Servitors will be able to have pet up, not just 85+ (includes DA and WS).
From Patchnotes:
*Among Awakened classes, Wynn Summoners can summon multiple servitors at once:
-Servitor information and actions can be checked by double-clicking the servitor as before.
-The number of servitors that can be summoned at the same time vary according to the summon points assigned to the passive skill "Superior Summon Mastery."
-Common commands and courses apply to all servitors at the same time, and specific skill commands are applied only to servitors that have specific skills.
-Wynn Summoners can now use the skill "Summon Soul Shot" that has a chance of creating Beast Soulshots, Beast Spiritshots, and Blessed Beast Spiritshots used by their servitors.

*Servitors no longer require any upkeep and can be kept until the summoner cancels the summon or the servitor is killed.

*Characters with servitors can now also summon pets.

And i currently dont need a pet with newbie buffs. My concern is for lvl76+ in GoD for soloing. If im able to have a pet wich one would be best. But talking ot a couple of summoners on Naia and hearing you say its pretty much all the summon, im leaning towards a Cow for pure fighter buffs :idea:

I rather not use 2 accounts, but in worst case ill jsut have to transfer my WC from Chronos.
fagercraft

Postby Smittie » Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:56 pm

You marked the wrong words.

Pay more attention to the "Wynn Summoners can summon multiple servitors at once", Superior Summon Mastery is an awakened skill, you wont learn that pre 85.

As for the last line, you would still be limited to one pet since you would not be awakened.

If the WS (Tyr Warrior) or the DA (Sigel Knight) dont get Superior Summon Mastery, they most likely wont be able to summon multiple pets/servitors.

PS. Nuking on your summoner is waste of adena. I understand that you wanna lvl as fast as possible, but at some point you will need to afford better gear than C-grade, and that's when you will start regretting nuking.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby fagercraft » Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:46 pm

Smittie wrote:You marked the wrong words.

Pay more attention to the "Wynn Summoners can summon multiple servitors at once", Superior Summon Mastery is an awakened skill, you wont learn that pre 85.

As for the last line, you would still be limited to one pet since you would not be awakened.

If the WS (Tyr Warrior) or the DA (Sigel Knight) dont get Superior Summon Mastery, they most likely wont be able to summon multiple pets/servitors.

PS. Nuking on your summoner is waste of adena. I understand that you wanna lvl as fast as possible, but at some point you will need to afford better gear than C-grade, and that's when you will start regretting nuking.

Yeah i've experienced nuking is getting less and less important for killing, at lvl 40 i could nuke 2 mobbs while my summon killed 1(sometimes 3). Now at 52 its almost at a 1:1 ratio and it costs more nukes per kill so cost is rising, while the summon is getting more and more efficient!.

Also, if you read up on the patchnotes they also mention how buffs on servitors and pets work. There is clearly different systems in use for Pets and Servitors. Wich is why the wynn summoners skill to increased number of seritors sounds very much like it is for Servitors only, i doubt you can have multiply pets up for example. Especially since in the patchnotes abit down as i marked they mentioned that Pets can be used by all classes that has Servitors now (IE Servitor doesnt prevent Pet anymore in general).

But i guess well see in PTS or if i can get ahold of Destructor on official Forums to give confirmation on it. If your right, ill probably be forced to move my buffer to Naia ;) .

BTW, for 76+ levelign wpn, should i just go with the cheapest acumen weapon i can find that has 150 element on it? And what element would you recommend to look for (i hear fire and holy are good ones). AT max lvl PvP weapon i assume its Dark for Deathspike etc, but thats so far off GoD has probably come out by then :D. Im more interested in what armor sets/wpns i should keep an eye out for (Dynasty summoner seems awefully lacking to me, im considering DC->Morai and focus more on WPN, but i dont know how important resists are at the 76-80 range :oops: )
fagercraft

Postby Smittie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:05 am

If I was you I would stop nuking now, and save as much adena as possible. For S grade, any wep will do, if you see a cheap wep with more than 150 ele, preferably 300, buy that, acumen wont be too important.

As for armor, you can make do with just about anything, I actually liked the major arcana with run speed and stun resist over the dynasty, which as you say, dont really offer the summoner very much.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby fagercraft » Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:46 pm

Smittie wrote:If I was you I would stop nuking now, and save as much adena as possible. For S grade, any wep will do, if you see a cheap wep with more than 150 ele, preferably 300, buy that, acumen wont be too important.

As for armor, you can make do with just about anything, I actually liked the major arcana with run speed and stun resist over the dynasty, which as you say, dont really offer the summoner very much.

Ok nice then so pretty much any wpn will do, only thing that matter is the element ;). You got any type of element you would prefer for leveling? (I hear dark sucks for levelign with many high resist mobbs)

Thanks for the help :)
fagercraft

Postby Smittie » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:31 pm

Holy and Fire worked good for me so far.
99 healer/100 tank
Smittie

Postby fagercraft » Wed Sep 14, 2011 2:05 pm

Just an update on my progress for others aspiring the PS class.

Ive gone with Dyn Duals S +150holy. Worked like a charm. Pretty much as smittie said any wpn will do, i choose duals since at 83, they transfer much stats to servitor (serivtor share) and becouse i subbed BD and planning glad also.
- You can solo MOS at 79 with buffs, its jsut as good as CoD but with better drops. But they are Holy Resists (i borrowed fire duals from friend).

After Aligator island (with +0homm) and Cemetary (+0 homm) i stopped nuking all togheter, instead i hit with duals and no SS (only BeastSS). Nuking is pointless unless you got super OE and likes to spend money. Especially as you start to hit mobbs like angels in TOI and stuff.

P.S - Im currently lvl 79, and all my information is for PvE leveling only.

On the buff part, i transfered my WC. It needs lvl 74 only since you get your own CoV for pet. Buff pets actually take 30-40%xp, i believe it was 5% even after 55 :( . WC buffer is highly recommended, secondary id say SE (you got haste buff for pet).
fagercraft

Next

Return to Summoner Classes