About the splitting up of Wizard, Summoner and Archer

Re: About the splitting up of Wizard, Summoner and Archer

Postby Xanvial » Thu May 30, 2013 10:00 pm

well considering in stat descriptions str/int should increase crit damage, maybe they fix it.
Xanvial

Postby SirBash » Thu May 30, 2013 10:14 pm

Xanvial wrote:well considering in stat descriptions str/int should increase crit damage, maybe they fix it.

If they did, dps would increase a LOT!
SirBash

Postby Maya » Fri May 31, 2013 4:49 am

Gloom and devil do not stack. Int should be working as I can notice crits higher than x2.5.
Maya

Postby KenLee » Fri May 31, 2013 7:59 am

SirBash wrote:So you are saying INT/STR affects crit damage now? Before Lindvior afaik it didn't.

No it doesn't, still 2x as before but its pretty known the variation of 2h magic blunt weapon.
KenLee

Postby Manwe » Fri May 31, 2013 9:30 am

Shouldn't initial race stats (for already awakened toons) be a factor when trying to decide what to become with diversification process ? Some calculations above compare "pure" magic damage dealt and seem correct. But when some1 tries to find out what's would work better for him I guess that race stats have some impact .. Correct ?

For example ... DE Feoh -> Soul Taker ... High M.Atk / M.Crit race getting a good or even better dps (with the new debuff) and better survivability (that was always missing) .. Seems a rational choice, while other diversification's seem less attractive ..

Or initial race stats are almost non factor and new skills / diversified class itself plays the major role ?

Is there any case to see (terrible imho) cases where groups will want DE ST or LE StS or LE SS etc, etc ?

Though almost inactive for about 1,5 yr (well doing some kartia and silly solo XP) sooner or later I will have to diversify eventually for not feeling gimp the 2-3 times a month I login .. I currently have a DE Feoh and no interest and time for serious leveling or PvP or investing in top gear. What would you suggest for a balanced, good PvE build that could have some use in a random pt and can solo a bit ? (I have Enchanter and Healer that I could box). My Feoh is level 88 and stopped playing not only because of lack of time but because "new" areas and instances were not that attractive to me ... Bored with Kartia (solo/group), bored soloing Altar, bored with Harnak, bored with SOA etc, etc ..

Is there a build that would have the potential to spark some new interest to a bored and average casual player with mediocore 3x60 immortal and +3 Apoc Caster 300 (or is it bad by the new standards) gear ? I have not kept Arcane Power / Emp Echo .. Isn't that a reason for _not_ choosing StS ?

Maybe it's because I am inactive for long ... It seems very complicated to me ... Initial Race / Awakened Class / Diversified Class / weapon & dyes .. Too many things to factor in .. Any easy answer for some1 who can't do his homework properly ;)

Another factor is the adena .. For some1 inactive (not generating income) market seems inflated .. Accumulated gear / adena seem to loose value faster than before or is it my impression ? I would like to diversify to a Feoh that's less dependent on gear (can it be ? guess no) or needing cheaper gear (armor / dyes / weapon / etc) to work properly in some casual PvE ..

Thanks and sorry for the lengthy and bit irrelevant post ..
Manwe

Postby Hamster » Fri May 31, 2013 2:36 pm

I remember that old summons (sabertooth, reapers) had a crit from skills. New summons does not have or it's a bug? :s
Hamster

Postby ZeroX » Fri May 31, 2013 3:51 pm

Magic crit rate is bigger than crit rate from physical skills. And i think it saw said here crit rate from the physical skills is incredibly low.
ZeroX

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Fri May 31, 2013 5:40 pm

The new skills don't crit at all unfortunately.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Trensharo » Fri May 31, 2013 9:36 pm

Don't crit but doesn't matter since the base damage is way more than the reaper magic skills. The reaper crits were usually worse than my Souless' AoEs and they only crit 16% of the time. Their normal skill hits were... not that great. The auto attack hits from these new pets are incredible compared to the Reapers. Reapers I think have a bit better P.Def and M.Def...

Not sure how this works out for PvPers who had OE'd Reapers, though... I don't think you can Enchant the new Servitors, but would need a 99 Wynn to confirm that...

EDIT: For Solo AoE Leveling with Ranged Pets Robe + Retributer + Mage Harmony is better than a Light/Melee Setup. The Mage Harmony shaves off a ton of Reuse from the pets and the benefit for the Summoner (Better Reuse on Mana Share/Balance, higher M.Crit Rate for AoE/Marks, etc.) is obvous. Without the Harmony AoE leveling with them is clunky. The Melee Crit is good but that doesn't help as much when you have 20-30+ MOBs on you...

EDIT #2: Just tested in game. The M.Def Debuff in Devil's Curse stacks with the M.Def Debuff with Dark Curse (Gloom). Tried on a friend's level 89 toon with Level 1 Buffs. After Gloom he had 922 M.Def. After I added Devil's Curse, it went down to 680.
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby dewaloki » Sat Jun 01, 2013 9:52 am

EDIT #2: Just tested in game. The M.Def Debuff in Devil's Curse stacks with the M.Def Debuff with Dark Curse (Gloom). Tried on a friend's level 89 toon with Level 1 Buffs. After Gloom he had 922 M.Def. After I added Devil's Curse, it went down to 680.

many thanks for this test ! do we can do force makro with gloom ? or we need to wait peps to go chaotic first like an old gloom ...
dewaloki

PreviousNext

Return to Wizard Classes