Forcebringer

Re: Introducing the Power

Postby OmenOfSteel » Thu Oct 20, 2016 6:32 am

Elmar wrote:Blessed Apocalypse weapons can now be upgraded to unblessed Specter, and Blessed Specter weapons to unblessed Amaranthine. The same goes for Twilight and Seraph. Wepons must be enchanted to at least +7, armor to +6:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 9%EA%B8%89

Oh wow, how nice is that !

I hope we'll get this along with "Introducing the Power" update on our servers.

Elmar, pls. update about the droprate of those Spirit & Protection Crystals.
OmenOfSteel

Postby Laby » Thu Oct 20, 2016 7:27 am

Elmar wrote:What was announced was the Awakening of Kamael Judicators and the diversification of Tyrr classes. Both announcements never came true. If we go by that example, the announced diversification of Enchanter classes also will never see the light of the day :D

Never announce, so you never disappoint :D
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Elmar » Thu Oct 20, 2016 3:42 pm

OmenOfSteel wrote:
Elmar wrote:Blessed Apocalypse weapons can now be upgraded to unblessed Specter, and Blessed Specter weapons to unblessed Amaranthine. The same goes for Twilight and Seraph. Wepons must be enchanted to at least +7, armor to +6:

... Elmar, pls. update about the droprate of those Spirit & Protection Crystals.

The drop rate seems to be very low. Here is a lvl 105 Arcana Lord who was trying to upgrade his +13 Blessed Seraph Leggings to unblessed Eternal:

http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/image/ ... eId=622314

He was rather shocked that this cost him - apart from 437,522 (fourhundredthirtyseven thousand fivehundred twentytwo) Crystals R-Grade - 289 Protection Crystals. A poster in the comments thread wrote that this is more difficult than upgrading a Dragon Weapon :D

Keep in mind, these are just the Leggings. There is still Tunic, Gloves, Shoes and Helmet. Depending on how high you have enchanted your equipment, you can easily get into the 1000+ range for Protection Crystals :lol:
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Thu Oct 20, 2016 10:19 pm

thats obviously done to protect the market value of high oe'd pvp/pve R99 gear.. it makes sense that upgrading old high oe gear cost more then the "standard" high oe R99 stuff
Draecke

Postby OmenOfSteel » Fri Oct 21, 2016 8:04 am

Elmar wrote:
OmenOfSteel wrote:

... Elmar, pls. update about the droprate of those Spirit & Protection Crystals.

The drop rate seems to be very low. Here is a lvl 105 Arcana Lord who was trying to upgrade his +13 Blessed Seraph Leggings to unblessed Eternal:

http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/image/ ... eId=622314

He was rather shocked that this cost him - apart from 437,522 (fourhundredthirtyseven thousand fivehundred twentytwo) Crystals R-Grade - 289 Protection Crystals. A poster in the comments thread wrote that this is more difficult than upgrading a Dragon Weapon :D

Keep in mind, these are just the Leggings. There is still Tunic, Gloves, Shoes and Helmet. Depending on how high you have enchanted your equipment, you can easily get into the 1000+ range for Protection Crystals :lol:

Yes, I saw that I would need 1000+ of these for my armor, also almost 500 for my weapon.
Still this quantity is relative to the final droprate.
If it's really THAT rare, ofc no point.
OmenOfSteel

Postby Elmar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 10:07 am

The player not having one single Protection Crystal in his Inventory can have a number of reasons. The screenshot was posted only one day after the update, and since at lvl 105 his only way to drop a Protection Crystal - apart from the Epic Dragons - is from Kamille in the Mesaya Citadel, it is absolutely possible that on Tersi they didn't do the Keucereus Defence War and he has no access to the Citadel.

On the other hand, all posters in the thread are full of scorn; Hookworm himself calls the developers "parasites" (기생충 resp. 寄生蟲) and "thieving knaves" (도둑넘들). That's pretty strong language for a Korean player.

I think Draecke is right - this is not supposed to be an easy route to +++R99. In Korea there is a lot of highly overenchanted R-Grade and R95-Grade equipment around. Here for example Hookworm's full Seraph set:

http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/image/ ... =gamestory

He won't be able to sell that anyway - nobody will spend the adena to compensate him for the expenditure in Giant's Scrolls, Lucky Stones, Save Cards and whatnot. So upgrading it wouldn't be a bad idea.

The key to understanding the system might be this screenshot:

http://lineage2.plaync.com/promotion/up ... art2/index

As you can see, you get a lot of R-Grade Crystals when you crystallize R99 equipment, which are then used in the upgrading process. Crystallize a ton of +0 R99 to get a +13 R99. If you do the maths it will probably turn out as plus/minus zero - at best :D
Elmar

Postby MYSTERYouse » Fri Oct 21, 2016 11:19 am

I have to say that there is quite a shift toward enchanted items, I know it has been there from the beginning, but still - added SS bonuses for weapons, armor bonuses from 6/7/8/910 sets. For every owner this has still a big value in terms of investment. Giving an opportunity to re-use it on main chars instead of alts gives it a nice touch (remember being able to switch/upgrade C-weapons @mammon?)

On the note of droprate, I would not bother about it, look at the situation about the top helios ring aka Ring of Truth, Authority etc. that we received by the means of L2 Store. With these gems I think we will face a similar situation.
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 104 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Postby Elmar » Fri Oct 21, 2016 6:56 pm

In Korea things are escalating. Apparently the first Combat Spirit Crystals (for weapon upgrading) have appeared, and they are being sold for 10 ~ 100 million adena per piece. That puts the price for upgrading a +12 Specter weapon at 3.7 ~ 10.5 billion:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/image/ ... eId=622326

But then you still need a Scroll of Blessing and the materials for a Bloody weapon. On Bartz a +12 Specter weapon costs 20 billion, + 10.5 billion upgrading, + 15 billion Scroll of Blessing, + 30 billion for Bloodying, makes 75.5 billion for a Bloody Amaranthine weapon obtained in this way. A commentator writes that the whole NCsoft staff has been afflicted by gonorrhea (임질 resp. 淋疾) :D
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Sat Oct 22, 2016 5:00 am

supply & demand will regulate the value and the obvious NC solution was already mentioned by Myst aka next event will flood the market with them most likely..

only risk NC is going to have here is how to balance things without causing a devalue of high oe R99 gear as that would result in way more dramaz

personally I'm way more curious/invested in what the future for ISS will be as I've gotten to the point I might change my dual next red libra event which for me would mean the end of an area seeing how long I've played SwordMuse ^^"

any idea when more info on this will pop up in Korea ?
Draecke

Postby Elmar » Sat Oct 22, 2016 12:11 pm

No date has been announced and there hasn't been a developer interview or a Letter to the Community since that Tyrr announcement one year ago.

The best I can tell you is that the current Brooch event will end on November 9, that on October 27 Lineage Red Knights (a Lineage 1 version for the younger generation) will be publicly introduced, and from 17th to 20th November there will be the G-Star Game Exhibition in Busan, where we will maybe hear about Lineage Eternal. If we assume that NCsoft does not want to steal the limelight from all that, then the Iss diversification will come in December at the earliest :)
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Archive