Lineage 2 Classic

This is the section dedicated to the Classic version of Lineage II

Re: Lineage 2 Classic

Postby BlakeSmith » Wed Jul 05, 2017 9:20 pm

hey guys as far as i saw ru classic is becoming free. anyone can explain why? and if the same will happen to eu? Btw will it be like the official innova server's that you need to have premium for more box?
BlakeSmith

Postby Elmar » Thu Jul 06, 2017 3:11 pm

The answer to your questions is probably in this video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TUu0bh_5uPc
https://4gameforum.com/threads/653063/

I speak almost no Russian and the only thing I understood is that they will introduce an L2Store to finance Classic.ru. Premium Accounts don't seem to be mentioned?
Elmar

Postby socketka » Thu Jul 06, 2017 8:07 pm

despite they promised there wont be "magazine" aka L2 store in classic, they introducing it now.
they saying there will be only items not affecting general gameplay, that is quite joke because we know where will this end.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Fri Jul 07, 2017 9:26 am

Here is an interview with Lineage 2 Producer Andrei Mayakin concerning the Classic L2Store:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZiOrLhE8hQ
https://4gameforum.com/threads/653117/

I have no idea whether there is anything meaningful in there :)
Elmar

Postby Aram » Wed Jul 12, 2017 2:44 pm

There is stream-discussion about very important step to Innova's L2C.
When L2C launch at rus. region official members from innova says that they will not add L2store in L2C. Many players in rus. region hate L2store from main version and l2c at Korea (enchant items, t-shirts, tallismans, etc...) and go to the l2c, just because there no l2store, only Premium time cards. But long story short, and Innova 04 July add L2store with some decoration hats, character services and... exp items. The last one very important thing, exp. its the core of l2c mechanic and now that can regulating with money.
You may assume how much displeasure caused this action - 134 pages of anger

Here is interview with mr. Mayakin where I'm copy and past little part about L2store:
рыжебород: а где вы проводите тогда для себя грань? вот эти предметы — это хорошо, а вот эти — уже нельзя.

андрей маякин: здесь, скорее какое-то подсознательное понимание. грубо говоря, мы берем персонажа, который не покупает предметов, и персонажа, у которого есть предметы из магазина. дальше сравниваем, что происходит в их развитии, насколько оно может отличаться. может ли человек, у которого нет предметов, компенсировать это потраченным временем? в некоторых ситуациях, когда это основа геймплея, таких предметов быть вообще не может. например, в классике не может быть рун, потому что прокачка — это очень существенная часть игры, соответственно ее нельзя ускорять за деньги. то же касается отсутствия бафа. продавать в классике баф за деньги было бы странно.
есть много тонких моментов, но, в целом, получается, что в магазине будут в первую очередь косметические предметы; вещей, влияющих на баланс, не будет.

Here is my bad translation, sorry :D
Gingerbeard: But where do you draw the line for yourself? (about items which possible will add in L2store) These are good items, and those are bad.
Andrei Mayakin: Here we use a kind of intuitive decision process. Roughly speaking, we've got a character (player) which didn't buy any item, and another one, who get items from L2store. Further we compare what happens in their progress, how big the differences in their progress are. Can a player without items offset with his time? In some situations, when the basis of the gameplay is concerned, those items can not be. For example, in l2c can't be runes, because exping - that's a very important part of the game, it can't be increased with money. The same thing with buffs. Selling buff (items at l2store) at l2c would be odd.
Here we got many tiny moments, but generally, in l2store will add cosmetic items; items, which influence on the balance there will not be.

Finaly as you can see in the first post 134 pages of anger in L2store add exp. runes and buff items.
I don't know what about think employees of innova, but reaction of rus. l2c commynity very sad and anger
here is online diagram per days

maybe I made premature conclusions, but l2c at rus. region lost something, not just a few players.
Last edited by Aram on Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aram

Postby Draecke » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:07 pm

it's only going to get worse now that even Korea is all out on l2store model, the thousands that leave over it are out weight by the hundreds that actually spend thousands of $$ and as we have seen in NCWest it's a slow death of the game as the attrition rate becomes visibly obvious.. eventually only l2store spenders will be left which you can fit in just 1 server..
Draecke

Postby Aram » Wed Jul 12, 2017 3:32 pm

I'm check latest news, and find information that L2store exp runes and nevit's hourglasses can be use characters only below 60 level. Will see what happen in autumn :)
Aram

Postby CDVM » Thu Jul 13, 2017 12:45 pm

Aram wrote:Finaly as you can see in the first post 134 pages of anger in L2store add exp. runes and buff items.
I don't know what about think employees of innova, but reaction of rus. l2c commynity very sad and anger
here is online diagram per days

maybe I made premature conclusions, but l2c at rus. region lost something, not just a few players.

i doubt that decrease of players is because of the l2store, i think its more because of the event that was running for about a month: https://4gameforum.com/threads/649261/ which is based on a lottery that u need a lvl 20+ toon online to participate, its running right now in skelth: https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/651820/ and it increased 400 players in skelth atm:

CDVM

Postby DIL » Tue Jul 18, 2017 4:42 pm

BlakeSmith wrote:hey guys as far as i saw ru classic is becoming free. anyone can explain why? and if the same will happen to eu? Btw will it be like the official innova server's that you need to have premium for more box?

RU Classic remains P2P along with the introduction of 'light' L2Store (without P2W). Same 300 RUB subscription per month.
As for EU, there is no ETA for L2Store there. It completely depends on the technical possibilities to implement web shop on the EU 4game platform.
Hi all! :)
DIL

Postby Elmar » Tue Jul 18, 2017 5:16 pm

Hi DIL! Thanks a lot for the official clarification!
I have passed on the information to the Classic enthusiasts at NCWest:
http://boards.lineage2.com/showthread.p ... &page=2#28

And welcome to the forum :)
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Classic