[EU Server] Main Discussion

This is the section dedicated to the Classic version of Lineage II

Why there will never be an English Classic server.

Postby ~Seraphina~ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:12 am

No, NCsoft will not open an English Lineage 2 Classic server, and apparently, neither will Innova. Why should they? If there really was an English speaking community who would actually play Lineage 2 Classic, then there would be a large blossoming English speaking community on the Russian servers right now, but there isn't. I have more fingers on my hands than there are non-russian speaking people playing actively on L2C. (Yes, I have 10 fingers)

Why isn't there an English speaking community on L2C at the moment? Because people don't care enough to actually play, because if they did, we would be raiding ant queen and orfen right now, and have Cruma under a lockdown.

This community doesn't actually 'WANT' to play Lineage 2 Classic. They just want the servers to launch so they can run around and pvp in any starter villages for a few days until their nostalgia runs out, and then they will quit. Both NCsoft and especially Innova knows this, because if people really wanted to play, there would be an English community on the Russian Classic. ..But there isn't, so why should they bother translating the game and setting up a server for us?

Back in 2003, when Lineage 2 was about to launch, there was a large English speaking community in the Korean Beta. Then there was a large English speaking community in the Taiwanese Beta, and then there was a large English speaking community in the Japanese Beta, and then the English servers launched.

Now, during the Lineage 2 Classic Korean Open Beta, was there a large English speaking community? No, there was a large Russian speaking community. And guess what, Innova bought the rights and opened a Russian server, and the Russians started playing there instead. Is there an English speaking community on the Russian server now spite it being open, cheap with low ping and welcoming to us? No. See where I'm going with this?

Actions speak louder than words.

There's nothing stopping us from enjoying Classic right now, except laziness. Chrome translates the website/forum, an account is 4euros a month, the ping is great (server location; luxembourg), and there's an English patch for the game (text files from ertheia).

If we actually played, they would give us a server.

Just my 2 cents.
~Seraphina~

Re: Why there will never be an English Classic server.

Postby Communism » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:30 am

There's a significant chance that they will open an Innova EU server mostly so that they can charge 10-15 Euro for less bot enforcement than Innova RU.

Then there will be a more expensive, bot server that's technically English, and a less espensive, less botting server that's Russian, both running from same datacenter in luxemburg.

One has to remember that most of the English speaking players quit years ago, around Interlude-CT1.

Those that didn't quit L2 entirely stopped playing private servers around Gracia Final.

What was left was BR, Greek, Estonian, Lithuanian, Polish etc. who technically can constitute an english server, but it seems most of them left around High Five private servers.
Last edited by Communism on Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Communism

Postby ~Seraphina~ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:32 am

Is this an official statement, or has it been 'hinted' by someone in the Innova staff? Or is it a 'suggestion' by a member of the community?

Also, For those saying the problem is you can't pay, it's because you need an actual Visa card, and not a Visa Electron. You then buy a 30day gift code with your visa card, and apply it to your account, or, give the gift code to someone else.

There's actually money to be made here for someone with an actual Visa card, as people are willing to pay you through paypal for you to send them a 30day gift-code. If people actually want to play, they'll pay a euro extra for as tip for you selling gift codes.

I am ordering a VISA now, and when I get it, those who want to play can pay send me a message, and I will give you my paypal info where you can send me 5 euros and your account username (NOT password), and I will buy a gift code and send it to your account.
~Seraphina~

Postby fagercraft » Tue Jan 13, 2015 6:40 am

The english community that are o these boards are very small, meaning the info that you can play by reading guides, finding right buttons, getting a gift code is pretty small.
Then there is also the problem of Russian client, with english bugged patch, ad a russian community.

So saying they wont start a server couse of little english players on a russian server that has so many things going against english speakers is just not valid tbh.
However i do agree l2C is not for EU community, i played it and tried it myself. And as a casual plaer who love grinding games i can tell you this server wont be ver successful to a casual community. Not becouse of bad xp, but also becouse of majorly bad farming. Shots being to expensive is ok, even porting is ok. But farming a month for 1 spellbook. Impossible rates on parts and recipees...

Many of the oldschoolers who like to play for nostalgia remember the fun in farming items, selling and buying and crafting. Having an xp curve that makes you not speed past d,c,b grade is just fine. But not being able to farm and craft is not.

This is what I personally feel is the thing that makes the game bad. Add to this the drop item on death and you wanna be able to farm items even better so you an replace stuff also.

I will still play on a EU server, but i have very little hope ill enjoy it past d grade.

p.s - the no farming and crafting part is what makes GoD servers so god damn afwul to most of use who still wanna play L2 but cant enjoy GoD servers. NCsoft policy of no loot from mobbs couse its bad for economy is the single most stupid thing they have come up with. Loot is what a big portion of their player base play the games for majorly! Only players left are the ones who mainly play it for pvp and cba wheter you get items from farm or l2 store.
fagercraft

Postby ~Seraphina~ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 7:11 am

I'm 29 on Eva, and I don't get what you're saying about not being able to craft. People crafted gear in C1, and they're crafting things in Classic.

Also, the patch works just fine for me. Maybe I have a different one. The only thing is that NPC's in starter villages are called NoNameNPC, the NPC-dialogue is in Russian, but luckily we've played L2 before so we know what to click on. Quest guides you can find online. (http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Pre-GOD_-_Qu ... ed_by_Town) You would think teleporting is tricky because it's in russian, but luckily, the map is in Russian too, so look at the map to see which option you have to click on at the Gatekeeper.

Other than that, the interface is in English, the mobs have English names, items are in English and there's always someone in a russian party who speaks English, and they are very friendly, curious and want to chat with you. Often about where you live and what the weather is like. =P

But of course, if people are used to playing on private servers with 10x rates, or versions of the game where exp is naturally boosted, then it will be hard for them to play original L2. The Russians are loving it, though, so I don't understand why europeans and americans can't as well. Has the western world been spoiled by theme park MMO's where there's no real hard work involved?

Is the original western L2 community a thing of the past? If so, I guess I have to download Russian language lessons.
~Seraphina~

Postby Communism » Tue Jan 13, 2015 8:22 am

~Seraphina~ wrote:I'm 29 on Eva, and I don't get what you're saying about not being able to craft. People crafted gear in C1, and they're crafting things in Classic.

Also, the patch works just fine for me. Maybe I have a different one. The only thing is that NPC's in starter villages are called NoNameNPC, the NPC-dialogue is in Russian, but luckily we've played L2 before so we know what to click on. Quest guides you can find online. (http://l2.eogamer.com/wiki/Pre-GOD_-_Qu ... ed_by_Town) You would think teleporting is tricky because it's in russian, but luckily, the map is in Russian too, so look at the map to see which option you have to click on at the Gatekeeper.

Other than that, the interface is in English, the mobs have English names, items are in English and there's always someone in a russian party who speaks English, and they are very friendly, curious and want to chat with you. Often about where you live and what the weather is like. =P

But of course, if people are used to playing on private servers with 10x rates, or versions of the game where exp is naturally boosted, then it will be hard for them to play original L2. The Russians are loving it, though, so I don't understand why europeans and americans can't as well. Has the western world been spoiled by theme park MMO's where there's no real hard work involved?

Is the original western L2 community a thing of the past? If so, I guess I have to download Russian language lessons.

Yes, learning Russian, Korean and Chinese is a good idea for playing MMOs as they stopped bringing real MMOs to English for the most part because english speaking people are all retarded psychopaths.
Communism

Postby fagercraft » Tue Jan 13, 2015 9:20 am

English patch in all glory, but it still dont change the fact that private stores are in russian, LFG is in russian, random chat is in russian.
You have to use an illigel patch to get some sort of half english, that for the longest time had bugs with invisible NPC in it etc.

The fact that you have to figure out gift codes, find picture guides on where to press when buying account (chrome dont translate everything).

For advanced users who are really into the game, and knows th way around the browsers, patching in modfiles etc this is normal. For the big audience its not.
Then theres the thing that most ppl are not even aware of the state of classic, that it even exists etc. Since outside russian communities theres no information spread on it other then enthusiast communities like rochand. And posting threads on GoD L2 boards innova and ncwest is like preaching christianity to muslims. If you want the oldschool l2 players back, you have to advertise it to the general public and media.

Its easy for you and me and most users here on rochand to join russian server. Its easy for some users to join the korean servers too (not to me, since i never cba to hijack som korean IDs that you need to create account etc, as that is another evel of illigeal activity way boyond editing game files and takes even more knowledge).

Do not underestimate the effect of ease of access :)

On crafting, yeah NG craft and D grade are doable, but when you gonna farm for c grade or maybe say hex spellbook. They report from korea CPs who had 17days of GAMETIME before it dropped. 1 spellbook. And Recipees are about the same droprates. Id bet most full itemwpns are from epic bosses tbh, not crafted.
Server is 1/6 XP, 1/6 droprate or close to that compared to C1 original. This is not a question of ppl used to play 10x :p This is totally the opposite!

Personally id play classic, acceppt that C grade 4+ is just not supposed to be farmed yet, enjoy D grade and wait for next chronicle (witch usually ends in next lvl of content being more accessible). Classic has alot of potential! But my hopes of EU success is very low if they implement it "as is" in EU ;)
fagercraft

Postby MayaReinhartz » Tue Jan 13, 2015 12:22 pm

Why isn't there an English speaking community on L2C at the moment? Because people don't care enough to actually play, because if they did, we would be raiding ant queen and orfen right now, and have Cruma under a lockdown.

I stopped reading right there. You're just assuming out of thin air.

I myself am never going to play in a moonrunes server, I've had enough on Gustin(JP) and back then I had a someone with me that could translate things all the time. -_-
MayaReinhartz

Postby ~Seraphina~ » Tue Jan 13, 2015 2:03 pm

Yes, I'm assuming out of thin air, because we would be organized and doing these kinds of things. They were examples, and not too far fetched.
~Seraphina~

Postby Kublai » Tue Jan 13, 2015 4:02 pm

~Seraphina~ wrote:Yes, I'm assuming out of thin air, because we would be organized and doing these kinds of things. They were examples, and not too far fetched.

What are you talking about? Best EU clans couldn't do sh1t against mediocre RU clans (as presented on many servers before, which won't be named), let alone russian top clans.
Kublai

Next

Return to Classic