[EU Server] Main Discussion

This is the section dedicated to the Classic version of Lineage II

Re: [EU Server] Main Discussion

Postby socketka » Thu Sep 03, 2015 8:34 am

Lineage wrote:
Piotress wrote:Too bad they are not allowing IP's from North and South America to play. Oh well, lots of ways around that. :)

Could this sign the release of L2 Classic from NCsoft at North & South America?

Even if it will, nobody will play it because no frost or other bot protection.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Thu Sep 03, 2015 10:12 am

You could say that this announcement is someting like the 1494 Treaty of Tordesillas where the two superpowers at the time were delineating their spheres of influence - Innova is undertaking not to poach in NCWest's territory. Whether they will really stick to that announcement or turn a blind eye to players who are obviously from the USA but prefer to play in a Frost-protected environment remains to be seen. But at least NCWest has the possibility to get on the Classic train; their business is not absolutely ruined right from the outset.

But of course, the longer NCWest waits, the more people will have started a character in Europe, and with the difficulty of leveling up in Classic, i.e. with the ammount of effort a player puts into his or her character, they will be increasingly reluctant to make a new start as their Europesn character gains in levels. It will be fun to see how this turns out :D
Elmar

Postby Quim » Fri Sep 04, 2015 1:05 am

It is kinda already against the TOS to play in Core from outside Europe, it is simply not enforced in any form, and NCSOFT is probably not concerned about it since NCWEST servers were open longer and had far more established player base. For this to be explicitly said (and if it is actually enforced!), these conditions probably were demanded by NCSOFT and they are looking to create their own classic server in near future.
Quim

Postby MayaReinhartz » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:49 am

I have to say that it feels quite like the slap in the face however, ever since the possibility of a Classic server in English surfaced I started advertising for a global community clan. :cry:

Oh well, we'll have to see how the enforce it. They didn't go out of their way to prevent me from buying premium accounts with a Brazilian international credit card, which seems to be a thing they'll do with Classic.
MayaReinhartz

Postby CDVM » Fri Oct 23, 2015 9:35 pm

https://4gameforum.com/threads/534151/ L2 Classic EU will start from Age of Splendor (latest update in RU atm)
CDVM

Postby BlakeSmith » Thu Nov 12, 2015 5:52 pm

https://eu.4game.com/lineage2classic/preorder/ finally they announced it. 10 euros. sorry for those who will struggle to pay
BlakeSmith

Postby Roah » Fri Nov 13, 2015 7:46 pm

Hi all! So, my husband and I are old Erica players and we really want to play on the Innova classic server, but I have no idea how to do so since they are blocking NA IPs.

I did a little snooping about on the forums and it looks like you were able to play the RU servers just by changing your desktop time? Really? So we don't have to proxy or anything? And I assume you would then buy giftcodes like was stated for the russian servers too?

If anyone could please tell me, yes, no or simply explain how to do it I would appreciate it! Thanks in advance!
Roah

Postby Kublai » Sat Nov 14, 2015 7:56 am

On Russians it was different, since Innova has license for RU(CIS) and EU market, so you will have to use proxy to preorder AND play on Innova EU Classic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKkbI-P_y1g - here is an easy tutorial on the matter.
Kublai

Postby Quim » Sun Nov 22, 2015 3:56 pm

Did they actually say there would be IP blocking on EU though? Atm I noticed the pre-order isn't available for territories that aren't part of the service agreement, they could just block payment method on website and not do it on game servers themselves?
Quim

Postby Roah » Mon Dec 07, 2015 9:45 pm

I know its been a while, but thanks Kublai for that tutorial! Its very helpful,and I appreciate it!
Roah

PreviousNext

Return to Classic