[EU Server] Main Discussion

This is the section dedicated to the Classic version of Lineage II

Re: [EU Server] Main Discussion

Postby MayaReinhartz » Tue Jan 05, 2016 11:58 am

Elmar, I have a question.

Did NCSOFT ever state what "Classic" meant? If there was a "line" they wouldn't cross or something of sorts?

Because I feel the community is taking the word Classic and interpreting very personally lol.
MayaReinhartz

Postby Elmar » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:24 pm

In May 2014 they said indeed that Lineage 2 Classic would have a level cap at 85, but even there they left the possibility open for further development, what back then was called "Classic 4.0", scheduled to go live in the 3rd fiscal quarter 2015:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
The original plan to introduce the Kamael early in 2015 was abandoned, but the level cap has been raised to infinity.

Most of the people who made those plans (Namgung Gon and friends) don't work for NCsoft anymore, so there is nobody whom you could hold accountable for previous announcements. Players must simply learn that plans change. What was announced yesterday winds up in the dustbin of history today. To say it clearly again: Lineage 2 Classic is a completely different game, lore-wise roughly based on the original Chronicles, but with different skills, different SA System, different instances, different everything.
Attachments
Classic21May2014.jpg
From http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=110372&site=lineage2
Classic21May2014.jpg (75.1 KiB) Viewed 2560 times
Elmar

Postby socketka » Sun Jan 10, 2016 3:34 pm

Elmar wrote:The original plan to introduce the Kamael early in 2015 was abandoned, but the level cap has been raised to infinity.

https://www.youtube.com/[censored]
I see kamaels there. But I am not sure if my eyes see well, this is not L2 as we know it from old times nor new post-GOD one.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:00 pm

That's a private server. At 0:15 you can see that the Wild Strider (at the Hot Springs!) has "Lv 85" written above its name, something that doesn't exist in any official version :)
Elmar

Postby socketka » Sun Jan 10, 2016 4:36 pm

Thanks for clarify :)
socketka

Postby Laby » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:43 pm

Just in case some people are playing there (few already recognized me on the forum), I started playing on Skelth to give it a try. Went for Pony + Prophet since it's extremely easy to get Vampiric Rage (the only buff I would miss on the pony) from fishing

From what I collected so far, server is decently active, the bot population is fairly low, but the RMT is quite present. Several topside players are selling a lot of powerlevel / adena.

Being out of touch, I asked few questions on their forum there : https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/654093/

Let's see how it goes. Also, if anyone is having a top D mage weapon laying around I'm interested :D
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Postby Elmar » Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:55 pm

I notice that the Community Manager personally takes the time to answer a new player's questions, and she apparently knows what she is talking about! I am impressed :)
Elmar

Postby CDVM » Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:20 pm

Elmar wrote:I notice that the Community Manager personally takes the time to answer a new player's questions, and she apparently knows what she is talking about! I am impressed :)

she is a L2 player, member of the clan Elders, she used to play in Shillien (RU classic) and Skelth (EU classic) but her clan failed hard in both servers :lol: and now she is the CM :mrgreen:
CDVM

Postby Elmar » Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:23 pm

As long as she is level-headed enough not to engage in favoritism for some clans and revenge against others, hiring an experienced player is not a bad idea at all. One problem at NCWest is that Neutron, the Producer, is the only one who is actually familiar with Lineage 2 (before his promotion he was QA Lead). So instead of being able to concentrate on his work of getting the preliminary patch notes for Salvation typed up, he must time and again jump into forum discussions. Simply put, for every game-related post Fragola makes, DIL can work a bit more on testing and understanding Salvation. This leads to a higher efficiency in the publishing process.

For comparison, here is Conguero's job description (from an old advertisement):

RESPONSIBILITIES:

Monitor discussions on assigned forums and social networks to stay abreast of the current hot topics.
Generate daily and weekly feedback reports on the top issues, concerns and feedback from the community, including recommended courses of action.
Moderate users who violate the forum rules by issuing warnings, suspensions and bans as needed.
Ensure that issues and feedback are communicated to the development team.
Create written content, screenshots and other content as needed. Assist with staging and posting such documents.

NCWest CMs are just moderators with no actual knowledge about what they are moderating being required :D
Elmar

Previous

Return to Classic