Salvation

Here you will find information about the updates known in Korea as "Salvation" and "The Gathering" as well as the Arena System, the Iss Diversification and the post-Forecebringer Agathion System

Re: Salvation

Postby Trensharo » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:00 pm

Toning Tank damage down is not a nerf. It's a balance change with pretty solid logical and rational basis. The term nerf is thrown around way too freely, these days...

Sorry to those who got used to doing "too much" damage as a tank, but that archetype is not meant to DD to that extent. Play a Warrior or Rogue if you want to melee DD.

If your problem is that tanks may not be wanted in parties if they don't do high damage, then perhaps you should complain about the lack of content that requires proper group composition? I think that's a longstanding issue that hasn't really seen enough conversation, personally... ... ...
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby Draecke » Sun Apr 09, 2017 11:29 pm

doesn't change the fact that the only good Tank is now apparently only PK the rest is not even close as good for both PVP & PVE which is not a good thing imo

only a handful of ppl managed to make their Tanks do actual real DPS, SK's were good for PVE & PVP cause of their mob control ability with para and HK was good for PVE due to the debuf aura - none of that was unbalancing or in need of a nerf so these changes are completely unexpected and kind of uncalled for so yeah plenty of reason to get upset over imo
Draecke

Postby Arbogast » Tue Apr 11, 2017 9:12 am

imo in arams stream SK is using aoe para
Arbogast

Postby Trensharo » Tue Apr 11, 2017 3:13 pm

Draecke wrote:doesn't change the fact that the only good Tank is now apparently only PK the rest is not even close as good for both PVP & PVE which is not a good thing imo

only a handful of ppl managed to make their Tanks do actual real DPS, SK's were good for PVE & PVP cause of their mob control ability with para and HK was good for PVE due to the debuf aura - none of that was unbalancing or in need of a nerf so these changes are completely unexpected and kind of uncalled for so yeah plenty of reason to get upset over imo

Imbalances between different tank subclasses is a different discussion worth having. I didn't mention that, which means I haven't put forth any opinion on whether or not removing the debuffs and auras was a merited nerf or not. I am speaking specifically about the damage they do.

I don't think the auras should be so good as to make them completely indispensable, either. The game is not 1 year old, and they should factor in the current gaming environment to their balance changes.

In any case, the issue with tanks is mudflation and the ability for DDs (like Warriors) to easily eBay enough gear to put tanks out of a job in many areas of the game where they were traditionally high demand. It's not issues with the gaming systems or inter-archetype class balance, particularly at the top end.
All Characters Deleted!
I's Freeeeee!!!
Trensharo

Postby iHotline » Wed May 10, 2017 3:05 pm

Elmar wrote:I finally found it with the help of your dates - it's Nevit's Cloak of Light, reducing received damage by 10% and increasing all basic stats (STR, CON etc.) by 3 points:

http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... C%A0%9C%29

You could get it from the Beat event in September 2016:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/promo/lineage2/160823_beat

Can it be used in oly? It was added in a 30-day Boost Pack in NCWest.
iHotline

Postby Elmar » Wed May 10, 2017 6:03 pm

In the item description it just says that this Cloak is not tradable, but no limitations concerning using it in the Olympiad are mentioned. Maybe socketka or anybody else who watches Korean Olympiad videos can confirm this?
Elmar

Postby Aram » Wed May 10, 2017 6:17 pm

Yes, you can use Nevit's Cloak at oly. For example, look at this video by Dankal https://youtu.be/pRBpsCYe76M?t=2m7s (2 min 7 sec)
Those guys aren't CLs :)
Aram

Postby Elmar » Wed May 10, 2017 6:36 pm

Thanks a lot for clearing that up, Aram! :)
Elmar

Postby socketka » Wed May 10, 2017 6:49 pm

Aram wrote:Yes, you can use Nevit's Cloak at oly. For example, look at this video by Dankal https://youtu.be/pRBpsCYe76M?t=2m7s (2 min 7 sec)
Those guys aren't CLs :)

With world olympiad system you cant use castle cloaks (normal or leader).
socketka

Postby Revoltas » Wed May 17, 2017 8:59 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wk6NXpspxrY
11:02 he shows his inv, but i dont see here 4 th dye slot, its new or just his grapichs?
btw does all feohs have empowering echo now or no?
Revoltas

PreviousNext

Return to Salvation