Salvation

Here you will find information about the updates known in Korea as "Salvation" and "The Gathering" as well as the Iss Diversification and the post-Forecebringer Agathion and Brooch Systems

Re: Salvation

Postby Elmar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 2:59 pm

Lineage wrote:I have a suspicion from Elmar's translation, that the secondary effect, could be an AOE damage aura for certain radius, and not damage reflect for any potential attack.

This could actually be it. If we change one letter in the Korean original text then 반사 resp. 反射 aka "reflect" becomes 방사 resp. 放射 aka "radiate" as in "nuclear radiation". Since 대미지 aka "damage" is in accusative case (를), this would totally fit the grammar of the sentence.

Then we would simply have a typo in the original Korean skill description and the correct description of the secondary effect should be:

또한 자신은 10초 동안 대미지를 추가 사하는 웨이브 배리어 효과를 얻는다.

Apart from that one gets the effect of a Wave Barrier which additionally emits damage for a duration of 10 seconds.

No bug but working as intended :)
Elmar

Postby socketka » Thu Dec 28, 2017 5:45 pm

zlz wrote:
socketka wrote:on ncwest reward is 10k CRP. with merchants spawning after 24 hours there is some limitation to switching fortresses too often.
ballistas doesn't give CRP anymore (they just get destroyed without any reward).
my opinion is fortress sieges and CH instances (nurka, lidia,...) are now optimized to match players abilities.

lydia/nurka give ~200b exp on 7 peoples party (with PA in innova) so it's pretty good exp for 15min pve. just worst part there you need 103+ dd's there with avg gear.
as for dvc instance, now it's pretty hard to keep low hp for 2nd stronghold. maybe for 101+ wynn it's easier with dots (didn't tested that). but drops is disaster. before was like 5-6 rune stones + few enchants. now from 6 instances, 3 Bear, 4 appearance stones..
but once again. 200b exp + if you use maphr and xp runes can be up to 1T.. still not bad.

edit: in monsterbook (bestiary in innova's case) record gustav didn't drop belt.. only full weapons, ALL r99 craft packs, b:ewr b:ear rune stone and appearances..

drops got nerfed. here are my "drops", but as you can see exp (with zero l2 store boosts) is very nice.
socketka

Postby iVSOP » Thu Dec 28, 2017 7:39 pm

Elmar wrote:For that I simply have no explanation. From the Shot animation it looks almost as if it were not Soulshots but Blessed Spiritshots which are loading on your Tauti Axe. The only thing that comes to mind is that you should try to stop the Spiritshots by right-clicking them, or even trade them to your iVSOP Dwarf to absolutely eliminate that possibility. To me the whole thing looks like a true bug, as if something gets hung up.

Its soulshot, I was suprised when I seei this and the damage given to target when Grand Wave Barrier effect compare my tank normal hit like 135%
Check my video : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ar1uU9I4zAA
iVSOP

Postby zlz » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:57 pm

epic spezion also got "boosted" in drops... from what i saw in fraps there was 1 EAR :lol:
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Elmar » Thu Dec 28, 2017 8:59 pm

iVSOP wrote:
Elmar wrote:For that I simply have no explanation. From the Shot animation it looks almost as if it were not Soulshots but Blessed Spiritshots which are loading on your Tauti Axe. The only thing that comes to mind is that you should try to stop the Spiritshots by right-clicking them, or even trade them to your iVSOP Dwarf to absolutely eliminate that possibility. To me the whole thing looks like a true bug, as if something gets hung up.

Its soulshot, I was suprised when I seei this and the damage given to target when Grand Wave Barrier effect compare my tank normal hit like 135%

Lineage solved the problem - it should indeed be Soulshots and you should automatically deal damage. It's a simple typo, maybe even a miscommunication. 반사 aka "reflect" is pronounced "ban-sa" and 방사 aka "radiate" is pronounced "bang-sa". Add to that the fact that on a Korean keyboard ㄴ/"n" is where our "s" is located, and ㅇ/"ng" where our "d" is, i.e. right next to it, and if somebody has a sloppy handwriting the two letters look very similar anyway (that's no coincidence; the Korean script was artificially created according to linguistic rules), then that's an easy mistake to make. If you change the one letter/typo in the skill description, it matches exactly with what you have recorded in your video (I can't see the second one here in Germany) - continuously dealt damage :)
Elmar

Postby iVSOP » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:08 am

Elmar wrote:
iVSOP wrote:

Lineage solved the problem - it should indeed be Soulshots and you should automatically deal damage. It's a simple typo, maybe even a miscommunication. 반사 aka "reflect" is pronounced "ban-sa" and 방사 aka "radiate" is pronounced "bang-sa". Add to that the fact that on a Korean keyboard ㄴ/"n" is where our "s" is located, and ㅇ/"ng" where our "d" is, i.e. right next to it, and if somebody has a sloppy handwriting the two letters look very similar anyway (that's no coincidence; the Korean script was artificially created according to linguistic rules), then that's an easy mistake to make. If you change the one letter/typo in the skill description, it matches exactly with what you have recorded in your video (I can't see the second one here in Germany) - continuously dealt damage :)

I'm reupload my video https://youtu.be/ar1uU9I4zAA
As you can see, when the Grand Wave Barrier up you see the damage popup unlike normal and I got some issues with moving. Its hardly to say this skill work as intense :).
iVSOP

Postby Elmar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:59 am

Ah, now I can see the video :)

What I find interesting is that it seems to be necessary to use Vanishing Stun (or some other attack? skill or plain hits?) to set off the automatic attacks emitted by the Wave Barrier. Just being close to the target is not enough; Karolie only takes damage when he is also hit even though he is standing right beside iVSOP. At a stretch this would be within the skill description if we assume that 추가/"additionally" does not refer to the primary damage/stun effect but requires an additional damage to which the damage emitted by the Wave Barrier is added.

The problem seems to be more the inadequate skill description than the skill itself. If it's any consolation, the Korean Tanks also don't understand how the skill is supposed to work (Lineage has more instinct for the Korean language than the Koreans themselves :D ). Gang Hyeok from Server Number 7 [Devianne] has submitted a bug report when Shield Wave first came out on the PTS, but the answer was that the skill is working as intended (문제가없다는)
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/class/ ... eId=630575
(the first reply under the original post)
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Fri Dec 29, 2017 3:50 pm

I just got an idea. Maybe there is a reflect aspect after all. When you attack iVSOP, she reflects some of the damage inflicted by Vanishing Stun. Maybe it is this reflected damage you receive which sets off an attack by the Wave Barrier, with more/추가 damage than you yourself received. This damage, now inflicted by the Wave Barrier, is again reflected by iVSOP back to you, which sets off the next Wave Barrier attack. Socketka would probably call this "negative feedback":
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feedback# ... e_feedback
Elmar

Postby Lineage » Fri Dec 29, 2017 4:56 pm

Elmar is correct. I noticed the same thing with the second video.

In the original video, which is now removed from Youtube, if i recall correctly, the received damage wasn't activated (red numbers) and totally missed the reflect effect from items or buffs. So in my mind i made the connection with the Sigel's Aura skills, and went further down in the skill description and translation.

So indeed, the skill is working as intended.

It would be nice though, to see the skill's effect in a video without reflect damage (against a mob) and ranged attacks from Feoh/Yul.
Tera - 65 Archer/65 Berserker/65 Warrior/65 Gunner/65 Sorcerer - Inactive
Naia 99/95/80/80 - Retired
Core 100 Sayha Seer/98 Shilien Saint - Inactive
BnS 50 FM/50 BM - Inactive
WoW 60 Arcane Mage - Retired
Lineage

Postby Illogical » Fri Dec 29, 2017 6:49 pm

I am crunching my brain over this; Did they change the spawn of Beleth / Wormhole?
It used to be 7 days to the second after last kill like Trasken and the dragons.

There is absolutely nothing in any versions of the NCWest patchnotes
Illogical

PreviousNext

Return to Salvation