Orfen

Here you will find information about the updates known in Korea as "Etina's End", "The Return of the Forgotten Kings" and "Orfen"

Re: Orfen

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:16 am

Today the number of Gemstones to add an SA has been increased for the first SA at R-Grade and R95 and reduced for all other SAs. The second SA for R99 is now not 5266 Gemstones R-Grade but only 170 (one hundred and seventy), unwanted SAs can be removed and the Soulstone recovered for further use:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=633502
Elmar

Postby socketka » Wed Mar 07, 2018 3:45 pm

So finally can extract Mighty Mortal SA and use it into R99 weapon?
To be honest I expected that so I have collection of all old possible SAs that were kept. For example old Focus (into bows for example) added more crit. rate than even new focus from Kain soul crystal.
socketka

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 4:27 pm

The patch note editor doesn't say that explicitly, but when you look at the paragraph directly under the table, where they say that from now on Soul Crystals can be compounded up to Stage 7, unlike in the first two paragraphs only the new Soul Crystals (Kain, Mermoden etc.) are mentioned. So going by the wording, I would say yes, you can extract old Soul Crystals.

The question is, can you nowadays still add those old Soul Crystals to a weapon? The SA page on the Powerbook Wikipedia has not yet been updated:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 1%ED%98%BC

You can keep an eye on that page. When the cost for adding an SA has been changed to the unified 170 Gemstones R-Grade and the old Soul Crystals are still not mentioned, then we must assume that they have not been added to the Town Blacksmiths' SA interface.
Elmar

Postby socketka » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:07 pm

In our territory you can coumpound up to Stage 8.

About adding - I just know when I have old SA in my weapon (for example HP Drain in Amaranthine Stormer) I can add second (new) SA or Mystic SA without any issues. Actually if I would be crazy enough, I can even add Mystic SA into my Demon's Dagger with Mortal Strike. :)

Whole change of SA system had included most of old SAs changed to "new" version, except few (on this list like Bow of Peril with Quick Recovery, Tiphon's Spear with Towering Blow or Wild Blow) and few more. Notice bad translate of SAs, luckily they were deleted so nobody rememeber old mistakes :D
socketka

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:36 pm

It's really hard to say. The problem is, logic doesn't apply here. Some of the old SAs as in "Special Abilities" are still in the game files, otherwise the Mortal Strike on your Demon's Dagger would not give extra Critical Damage, while for example the Critical Stun on my Icarus Stormer doesn't seem to work any more.

Back in 2015 the old Soul Crystals as in "crystalline, unapplied Crystals" were all converted into Soul Crystal Exchange Coupons, so it is possible that the code for those old Crystals doesn't exist in the game files any more. On the other hand, I still have a lot of the old "corroded" materials (Stem, Braided Hemp etc.) in my Crafter's Warehouse and I can still use them to craft for example B-Grade Silver Arrows.

So one risky step you would have to take is extracting the old Soul Crystal. If you are unlucky, you might get a Kain's Soul Crystal instead of an old Blue Soul Crystal. And if the Town Blacksmith hands you indeed a Blue Soul Crystal Stage 10, you then run the risk of the system not recognizing it when you try to apply it to an R99 dagger. We should definitely try to get Neutron to test this before making any experiments ourselves :)
Elmar

Postby socketka » Wed Mar 07, 2018 5:58 pm

Critical Stun does work, but not on too high level monsters, but around lv85 it does.

All old soul crystals (except Stage 0 - for example Blue Soul Crystal) were replaced and you can't get them via game mechanics any more (only GM can summon them of course).

Old Blue Soul Crystal stage 10 would definitely not work, question is only if same type of SA is sealed (extracted) to just stone (Kain, Leona, etc.), but old SAs are all different and every SA got own "soul crystal" - without color. Definitely a good question, also to fact some people would like Conversion SA in their main weapons...
socketka

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:27 pm

If a GM can summon the old Soul Crystals then they are definitely still in the game files. So in theory you should get a Blue Soul Crystal Stage 10 when you extract the Mortal Strike SA from your Demon's Dagger. In that respect the patch notes are very clear. What you are extracting is the 집혼, the Soul Crystal, and not the 집혼 능력, the Special Ability itself.

What is doubtful is which Crystal you get. If I remember correctly, the icon for the Critical Stun SA on my Icarus Stormer is a milky white color, different from the new SAs. So possibly you will get a white Soul Crystal, and with that white Soul Crystal you can bestow an old Special Ability of your choice (Conversion, Mighty Mortal ...) on an R99 weapon, like with Kain's Soul Crystal you can pick Health, Focus etc.

But that is pure speculation :)
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:28 pm

Today the fee for exctracting Soul Crystals from A-Grade, S-Grade and S80-Grade weapons was slightly increased:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=633601
(under [그 외 수정사항]/"Other Adjustments")

This raises the probability that old Soul Crystals can indeed be extracted, in whatever form.
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Wed Mar 14, 2018 2:38 pm

zlz wrote:so this is for solo only? or it will be same as for example in gracia when 78+ can plvl you when you reach 65 or so.. (my friend did this plvl in pagan darkness room in gracia part2/final gracia)

Today the party level difference penalty was completely removed for characters between lvl 85 and 105, a setting that will remain in effect until April 18:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/notice ... eId=633604

Apart from that you get all sorts of gifts when you level a new or returning character to 105 in that time. So the developers have indeed no intention of ever adding or adjusting content for characters of lvl 104 or below.
Elmar

Postby B3lial » Thu Mar 15, 2018 6:11 pm

It looks like they are preparing for some bigger update, that may include some 105+ content (hence the recent changes to level diffrence penalties to help people get to 105 faster), mentoring (http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=633605), some changes to SA system and maybe something else. Possibly they are going to introduce soul crystals of higher levels, up to level 15, so you can use new feature of extracting soul crystals and compound them to higher levels.

I guess we will see next week or maybe later.
B3lial

PreviousNext

Return to Etina's End