Page 1 of 7

Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 8:27 am
by Elmar
Image

- Sea of Spores upgraded to lvl 106+

- Orfen (lvl 108) fixed spawn time Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday 21:00, drops Angel's Earring

- /nexttarget can be narrowed down: "Threat Target" (same as now), "Monster", "Player Character" (hostile characters aka chaotic/flagged), "NPC" (friendly NPCs like Gatekeeper, Grocer etc.):

Image

- Altar of Merkios, new lvl 100+ daily instance for Lucien's Bracelet etc. (only 4 week event in Korea)



Preview page:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/update/histo ... w&_C_=2821

Patch notes:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=632272

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 9:48 am
by darkm
nice, another área of low lvl reedited for high lvl XD, and that jewel that drop this new orfen it´s the same that drop epic freya and tezza?

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:02 pm
by Draecke
darkm wrote:nice, another área of low lvl reedited for high lvl XD, and that jewel that drop this new orfen it´s the same that drop epic freya and tezza?

same type so either we do get eventually that whole new system of improving epics which right now is Korea only or none of this will make it to the export Regions.. time will tell..

in the mean time those changes are nice even if it's a clear case of lack of creativity but I personally approve of revamping ancient content to make it fun again out of nostalgic reasons

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 1:22 pm
by Elmar
darkm wrote:... and that jewel that drop this new orfen it´s the same that drop epic freya and tezza?


Draecke is right, it's not the same jewel, but apparently of the same type. Since it's called "Angel's Earring", there will probably be the same "Angel's Accessory Enchantment Scroll" required for upgrading:
viewtopic.php?f=56&t=2074&start=60#p37418

So far no further details like stats etc. are known, but more information is announced for next Wednesday (all the way at the bottom of the preview page).

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:09 pm
by Lineage
Draecke sounds romantic here. I remember after the fiasco with the fishing at NCwest, a post from Neutron that he had discussions with the Korean devs and the preparations for "our special localization".

Now we found out about which localization he was talking about, the removal of the cloaks from the revamped clan system, and putting them in an L2 store promotion in the near future.

Don't fool your self, the only thing that will happen, is a L2 store promo, for enchanting those jewels.

Also what they did to Sea of Spores and Orfen, is not out of nostalgia, just recycling content with minimum cost, and presenting it as new.

The game is actually over, there are plenty of games out there, much cheaper and much better than modern L2, which doesn't require you to be no. 1, just log in, and enjoy.

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 4:57 pm
by Draecke
Lineage wrote:Draecke sounds romantic here. I remember after the fiasco with the fishing at NCwest, a post from Neutron that he had discussions with the Korean devs and the preparations for "our special localization".

Now we found out about which localization he was talking about, the removal of the cloaks from the revamped clan system, and putting them in an L2 store promotion in the near future.

Don't fool your self, the only thing that will happen, is a L2 store promo, for enchanting those jewels.

Also what they did to Sea of Spores and Orfen, is not out of nostalgia, just recycling content with minimum cost, and presenting it as new.

The game is actually over, there are plenty of games out there, much cheaper and much better than modern L2, which doesn't require you to be no. 1, just log in, and enjoy.

most likely yeah and seeing the current state of the game they don't really have many alternatives left besides the nostalgic/romantic card.. once Project TL is released globally they will really cease any real effort for keeping L2 alive

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:38 pm
by Elmar
I am afraid I must agree here. Keep in mind, the old Frintezza and Freya Necklaces don't drop any more since those Bosses have been upgraded:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/linkedbbs/qn ... id=5578918

So we must assume that as of next Wednesday, the old Orfen Earring also won't drop any more. Something must replace the old Boss Jewels, otherwise the raids will be ignored and Drop Rune sales will decline. As you can see from Yosefus' post, the Korean players are very unhappy with the overenchanting mechanics of that Angel's Jewelry. Similar reactions are to be expected over here, probably even worse. Imagine somebody paying dozens of dollars for an Angel's Accessory Enchantment Scroll, and then he sees the enchantment fail when attempting to improve himself from +1 to +2.

That whole Angel's Jewelry was just a bad idea and should never have happened.

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 5:40 pm
by Illogical
I'll just continue my mantra; too little, too late

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Wed Nov 22, 2017 6:26 pm
by Elmar
I just got an idea:
Maybe NCWest will keep the Boss Jewelry Upgrading System itself disabled but put the Accessory Solvent you need to dissolve old Boss Jewelry into Shilenite on the Merchant of Mammon's sales list like in Korea:

Image

Image
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 5#hd106240

Then you could upgrade the new Angel's Jewelry, but not the old Boss Jewels.

Re: Orfen

PostPosted: Sun Nov 26, 2017 6:36 pm
by Illogical
Elmar wrote:I just got an idea:
Maybe NCWest will keep the Boss Jewelry Upgrading System itself disabled but put the Accessory Solvent you need to dissolve old Boss Jewelry into Shilenite on the Merchant of Mammon's sales list like in Korea:.


8 Months of farming Frintezza every single week, with a CC of 85-87 DD and not a single Necklace drop.
I've heard from clan members Freya Necklace doesn't drop often anymore as well.
NCWest already turned down all the drops on epic jewels last update.