Orfen

Here you will find information about the updates known in Korea as "Etina's End", "The Return of the Forgotten Kings" and "Orfen"

Re: Orfen

Postby Illogical » Thu Jan 18, 2018 8:13 pm

I've instructed my clan to do same. Get alt in for the 150 Crystaltion one time quest using D-grd items, compound some stuff, do Nobless and leave. 500-600 CRP per char for basically free. All the pre-update Ertheia's we rolled proofing their worth.
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:10 am

Today 8 new lvl 107 Bosses were added in the Sea of Spores and around Elven Village. Those Bosses were added to the target list of the repeateable Clan Quest called "Hunting lvl 106~110 Field Raids" which was already expanded in the "Orfen" update:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=633189
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=632272

But even though the quest is repeatable, since it gives only 100 Clan Reputation Points it's probably of limited use, especially with the level structure on our servers.
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:27 pm

The KR patches even becoming so minor they not worth mentioning x)
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 10:51 am

Today it was changed so that characters also get exp/SP/drops when they kill monsters much higher than themselves. The old 10 levels difference/red monster name penalty does not apply any more; now there is no more upper level difference penalty:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/update ... eId=633357

This makes powerleveling easier, but it also shows that the developers have no intention to introduce content suitable for lower-level characters. They are trying to fast-track everybody to 100+, where you need L2Store items to be able to kill monsters efficiently.
Elmar

Postby zlz » Wed Feb 21, 2018 12:01 pm

so this is for solo only? or it will be same as for example in gracia when 78+ can plvl you when you reach 65 or so.. (my friend did this plvl in pagan darkness room in gracia part2/final gracia)
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Elmar » Wed Feb 21, 2018 1:39 pm

This concerns only the difference between character and monster, not the party penalty. That is still maximally 5 levels for no exp penalty and maximally 9 levels to get any exp at all. But while at the moment you can powerlevel a lvl 76 character with a lvl 85 character at the Altar of Evil only on Arbitors and Dartanions, but not on Insane Phions or Dimensional Rifters, even though the lvl 85 character can easily deal with them, you can now pull the lvl 76 along all over the Altar of Evil and the Bloody Swampland.
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Thu Mar 01, 2018 3:05 pm

Here is something interesting:
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?ne ... e=lineage2
http://lineage2.plaync.com/board/gmroom ... eId=633444

Next week and the week after that there will be GM-led raids against the lvl 107 bosses that were added on January 31, but only on Devianne, Kara, Nevit and Bartz, and not for example on Sieghardt or Lionel, where most of the really high-level players are:
http://lineage2.plaync.com/gameinfo/oly ... ympiadInfo

Realization seems to be dawning on the developers that the newly added content is only for a part of the player base; the Sieghardters apparently can handle those Bosses without GM help. Of course, GM interference is only a band aid for faulty game design. Let's see whether there will be some fundamental strategy changes in the next patch (I personally have my doubts about that :P ).
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Thu Mar 01, 2018 8:26 pm

Will Juji, Neutron and w/e loser they got on payroll log on NA servers in next patch to help all out? Unless they really gonna do a passive 400% exp boost on non-vit and lower exp curve with anniversary event, nobody is ever going to drop the new content.
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Fri Mar 02, 2018 6:37 am

It has been a long time (almost a year?) since staff appeared on Fantasy Island to give GM buffs. Therefore I don't think that there will be GM-led raids to help people level up, or at least enjoy the new content once in a while. I personally think that staff directly talking to players isn't a good idea anyway - there is always the danger of rumors about favoritism and corruption cropping up. Remember those screenshots of Juji talking to members of Renovatio and DragonHunters?

In the long run those GM raids aren't a solution either. Players on the traditional PvE servers (Devianne, Nevit) won't be motivated to invest the time and real money to level up (remember, Korea is pay-to-play) just because NCsoft staff shows them how great the lvl 107 bosses are. And the same goes for NCWest. As Draecke once said, who is not lvl 105 by now (like for example me :D ) will never get that far.

I am afraid we have to admit that the game has arrived at a dead end where salvation is no longer possible. The developers have simply let the gaps in level and equipment become too big. Greed killed the cat :mrgreen:
Elmar

Postby Draecke » Fri Mar 02, 2018 4:29 pm

Illogical wrote:Will Juji, Neutron and w/e loser they got on payroll log on NA servers in next patch to help all out? Unless they really gonna do a passive 400% exp boost on non-vit and lower exp curve with anniversary event, nobody is ever going to drop the new content.

the whole upcoming new content is pointless unless NC gives NCWest and all the other export territories the same XP curve as Korea which sofar they have refused to do so.. even on Innova players complain about this and CM Fragola has confirmed it's an ongoing hot topic for them with the Korean Dev team to get that rectified but yeah so far nada..

I've personally leveled 8+ players from 102/103 to 104+ in the last Month and didn't even gained 3% xp into 105 while they made whole levels so yeah kinda very demotivating

anyways the whole new epic jewelry system that's part of these updates is something they most likely will change for the export regions so who knows.. maybe they will also change the levels of the mobs etc. and just make more lvl 105 field areas.. hope not cause it's boring enough as it is but who knows what goes through NC's Export teams mind..
Draecke

PreviousNext

Return to Etina's End