Arena [RU]

Here you will find information about NCsoft's new MOBA based on Lineage II, both the Korean and the Russian version

Arena [RU]

Postby Laby » Fri May 25, 2018 4:47 pm

Arena is coming to Russian servers aswell it seems :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nKb8joi ... D_BbKHpRkh

https://ru.4game.com/lineage2arena/

Thanks to FatPunk for the links !
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby

Re: Arena

Postby Elmar » Fri May 25, 2018 6:41 pm

Going by the video, this seems to be an advanced version, with several arenas. Maybe somebody who knows Russian can tell whether you choose your arena or whether you get teleported into an arena at random, like in the Ceremony of Chaos?
Elmar

Postby KenLee » Fri May 25, 2018 8:37 pm

It looks quite nice. This video made me remember of some video/demo NC Korea made many years ago, a shooter with the map of Giran. No idea what happened with that project.

Elmar wrote:
Yoel wrote:Juji looks like Mr. Jinx High.

Don't be deceived by his boyish face. There is a reason why Juji made it from Moderator_1 to Producer in record time :P

His facial expression is of some master internet troll. Plus now that I remembered, I've seen him trolling people when I was playing. One of those moments (he is the broadcaster): https://i.imgur.com/G1uan9D.jpg
KenLee

Arena [RU]

Postby Aram » Fri May 25, 2018 11:20 pm

Sorry for late :D
That was unexpected for all Ru community. And before I will explain what going on in a video trailer, I must translating CM Aliot's answers about project (I guess he will be CM of Ru Arena project)
Here is a screenshot from project board at vk.com:
He say that in Korea, Arena was a test event, but Ru version it's a different project (like L2 and L2C) and that Arena project developing for Ru region only. Also the game (Arena project) will be publishing in f2p business model.

Now about video. Ru Arena has a few changes with korean event.
1. There 3 types of maps:
First - tower defense in Temple of Seven Sights (there a new sights mechanic, not just exping on RB and attack enemy's tower, as in korean version before);
Second in Guillotine Fortress, something like "base capture". Players should capt the bases and defend them. The general mission get up 3000 points (by defending base and killing RBs);
And third map, Battle of Transformations arena, in location similar to Giran town. It's something like "team death match", where players must kill 50 enemies. But the hard part in fight that a random player in a both parties will be transforming into Dragons or Dragon Slayers transformation with OP skills (time to time).
2. Also players can choose one from 21 classes with different skills (before match).
3. They can PvP in "waiting room" town on arena area (before match).
4. Each player has some global score, can create character with any race and gender (in korean it's just copy of most high lvl char in account).
5. Matches as in Korea - only 6x6, but now players can create a party with friends (in korean event they can't)
Also, lady in video was say, that project currently in an alpha phase and dev. team receives any feedback. They (Innova/4game) will send a few invites to player on the Arena test server (nothing about sending principle).

I personally not receiving any invite, but my friend was get it and I can answer to any question if you will interesting.
Last edited by Aram on Sun May 27, 2018 4:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aram

Re: Arena [RU]

Postby Elmar » Sat May 26, 2018 1:10 pm

In the "Temple of Seven Sights" you mention "not just exping". Does this mean that the basic principle is the same as in the original Korean version, where every player starts out at lvl 0 and levels up in the course of the match, i.e. that apart from the other activities there is exping involved?

And does everybody start out with the same No-Grade equipment as in Korea, which is then upgraded as the match proceeds?

An f2p business model makes me a bit suspicious. Does Innova intend to make a living on selling armor skins etc.? I think Laby once mentioned that in other MOBA games this works just fine.
Elmar

Postby Elmar » Sat May 26, 2018 1:17 pm

KenLee wrote:It looks quite nice. This video made me remember of some video/demo NC Korea made many years ago, a shooter with the map of Giran. No idea what happened with that project.

Elmar wrote:
Yoel wrote:Juji looks like Mr. Jinx High.

Don't be deceived by his boyish face. There is a reason why Juji made it from Moderator_1 to Producer in record time :P

His facial expression is of some master internet troll. Plus now that I remembered, I've seen him trolling people when I was playing. One of those moments (he is the broadcaster): https://i.imgur.com/G1uan9D.jpg

This is the Korean project you mean:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1639#p33308

As far as Juji is concerned, keep in mind that he was Senior Producer for MxM, i.e. he has practical experience with Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas and at least knows what does not work. I would not rule out the possibility that the Arena will one day come to NCWest too, with Juji as Producer :)
Elmar

Postby Aram » Sat May 26, 2018 3:58 pm

Elmar wrote:In the "Temple of Seven Sights" you mention "not just exping". Does this mean that the basic principle is the same as in the original Korean version, where every player starts out at lvl 0 and levels up in the course of the match, i.e. that apart from the other activities there is exping involved?

And does everybody start out with the same No-Grade equipment as in Korea, which is then upgraded as the match proceeds?

An f2p business model makes me a bit suspicious. Does Innova intend to make a living on selling armor skins etc.? I think Laby once mentioned that in other MOBA games this works just fine.

Yes it does, and yes - all players start with the absolutely the same NG equip and 1 level (max. lvl 15) in all maps.
New sign's thing work like that: after sign's death, all team players around sign get some buff and a chance to auto summoning giant RB, which can attack enemy towers or characters.

About f2p. CM Alioth was say only about business model, but no one word how they plan to make money from project. Everybody hope they just start a new 'promo' or some sort of a 'image project' like L2C where they add store on Ru after a few years and that pretty nice store without OP items (runes, soe, agatheons/hats without stats).

P.S. btw, here VOD of my friend (unfortunately in Russian), but you can see how alpha Arena looks https://www.twitch.tv/videos/265409099
Last edited by Aram on Sun May 27, 2018 4:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aram

Postby Elmar » Sat May 26, 2018 4:44 pm

Thanks a lot for the clarification, Aram!

From what I saw in StelliusBlade's stream, the Alpha version seems to be fully operational. It will be interesting to see what changes the testers suggest and whether they will be implemented :)
Elmar

Postby KenLee » Sat May 26, 2018 11:35 pm

Elmar wrote:
This is the Korean project you mean:
viewtopic.php?f=58&t=1639#p33308

As far as Juji is concerned, keep in mind that he was Senior Producer for MxM, i.e. he has practical experience with Multiplayer Online Battle Arenas and at least knows what does not work. I would not rule out the possibility that the Arena will one day come to NCWest too, with Juji as Producer :)

Many more years behind, like ten or so :). I did remember it now, it was called Point Blank and had a map of Giran. I even found a video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYfNn7l_ax8&t=2m
Going back to the old Korean link (http://pb.plaync.co.kr), it doesn't seem to exist anymore since 13/07/2011.

As for Arena, I think it is going to give half year or one year exclusive to RU before they make it available in other regions. I know that for Aion, Innova requested a lot of custom things, and some of them were made available in other regions after quite some time. Besides, NCWest have other things to do iirc. I was reading some news 1-2 years ago about bring L2 classic to NA and it was work in progress. Is it still going to happen?

If Juji was Senior Producer for MXM then I'm disappointed a little bit. That game had no advertising at all, they haven't tried to promote it anywhere. I don't know what they had in mind with it. Rip MXM, it was an interesting game, now resting along with quite a few other NC titles that died.
KenLee

Postby Elmar » Sun May 27, 2018 9:17 am

That Point Blank shooter is strongly reminiscent of Counterstrike. I could imagine that it was shut down over copyright issues :D

As for bringing Lineage 2 Classic to NCWest, Juji was doing a feasibility study about that. NCWest never published what conclusion he arrived at though. But when you take into consideration that in Lineage 2 Classic you drop items even upon death by monsters and when you are not red, and then look at the uproar over some frumples whou made macro botters drop items with a trick, then L2C is clearly not suitable for the Western community:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1010- ... mment-7357
(the discussion continues for several pages)

Also check what Fragola is discussing with Laby about 1/4 down here:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Lineage2/comme ... _anything/
The focus on "mutual work" in Russian culture that Fragola is talking about makes L2C with its lack of Newbie Buffers, Herbs etc. quite suitable for Russia, but less so for the Western community. A MOBA-style game however, where you just log in, do a match or two and then log out again, not even having the option to accumulate any wealth - as Aram pointed out above, you start from zero with each match - seems to be much better fitting the mentality of the players who gather at NCWest.
Elmar

Next

Return to Arena