Epic Tale of Aden - Summoner skills

Epic Tale of Aden - Summoner skills

Postby Skeeto » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:29 am

Elmar, I have a request to you, could you please translate and describe the new skills for wynn summoners? Also I'd like to know your opinion about wynns in the update.

„Achieve one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the peak of skills. Summit of skill is to defeat the enemy without fighting.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

Re: L2 Epic tale of aden

Postby Elmar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:38 am

Sorry, at the moment I am really busy and I don't have the time to do translations. As for opinions about Wynns you better ask KnightOfDarkness or Trensharo :)
Elmar

Re: L2 Epic tale of aden

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Mon Jun 16, 2014 1:59 pm

Sabotin actually translated those skills a while back
Arcana/Elemental/Spectral Rage: Increased power 182 -> 227
Link of Arcana/Elemental/Spectral: Increased number of levels 4 -> 5, Reduced bonuses P. Atk 40%/M. Atk 85%/Crit. Rate 40%/Crit. Dmg. 45% -> P. Atk 15%/Crit. Rate 30%/15% Crit. Dmg.
Arcana Lord
Summon Protection Stone: Summons a monument that increases surrounding party members' abilites (like an opposite Death Gate I guess). The buff you get from it lasts 30s. There's 3 buff levels for each level of the skill (think Lightning force form Tyrrs, not sure how you level up the buff though). I'll list just bonuses from the 3 buffs a max lvl protection stone will give out. Increases by 15/17/20% Debuff resistance, 15/17/20% pull resistsance, 15/17/20% knockback/knockdown resistance, 15/17/20% HP/MP recory bonus and reduces the chance to get hit by critical hits (both P. and M.) by 10/12/15%
Elemental Summoner
Summon instant movement portal (서먼 인스턴트 무빙포탈): Huh? (인스턴트 무빙포탈을 소환한다. 소환된 포탈은 30초 동안 유지된다)
Instant movement (인스턴트 무브먼트): Huh? (자신이 소환한 인스턴트 무빙포탈로 즉시 텔레포트 한다.)
Honestly I've no idea what you can do with these 2 skills. Something like summon portal -> go elsewhere -> recall to the portal? But 30s portal duration seems kinda short for that. My other guess would be it's some kind of party summoning mechanic?
Spectral Summoner
Summon Phantom Cross (서먼 팬텀 크로스): Summons a demonic cross that deals damage with 518 power added to M. Atk. and applies a debuff that reduces target's Atk./Cast speed by 30% and speed by 180. (Again I've no clue how this works exactly, guess a death gate on steroids?) (악마의 십자가를 소환하여 마법력에 추가된 518 위력으로 대상과 대상 주변에 강력한 피해를 입힌다. 추가로 대상의 물리/마법공격 속도를 30%, 이동 속도를 180 감소시키는 저주를 건다.)

Summon Protection Stone has a 400 second reuse and if I remember correctly it lasted for about 20 seconds and continuously reapplied its buff like the Clan Flag
Summon Instant portal is a 50 second reuse.
Instant movement is a 5 second reuse.
Summon Phantom Cross has a 60 second reuse and if I recall correctly has 900 range and is an AOE that it centered around the target. Also has a chilling sound effect.

Wynns aren't too different in the update than they are now. They just all generally hit harder but each class has received a unique defense bonus be it protection, mobility and enemy damage reduction for arcana lords, elemental masters and spectral masters respectively.

As of the next update, the Wynn Summoner is naturally a really good class. It has offensive power comparable to a feoh wizard in double casting when using offensive summons and it also deals on average more damage than all other classes (except daggers) when faced with debuff immunity from now having more powerful nukes over the past few updates with the spectral master having 1 more nuke to use and the servitors receiving a constant offensive buff and lastly it does a decent job at lowering the offensive capabilities of other classes when using the tank servitors along with mark of trick and exiles.

The main problem is the same problem that always existed with the class. It cannot increase its damage beyond its current capability with two DD servitors which would be fine if it weren't for that fact that in order to protect itself it must sacrifice its DPS or debuffing ability or both to do so and the resulting defense increase isn't impressive as compared to other classes that can drastically increase their defense and offensive without sacrificing either for the other. That along with the delayed servitor reactions, the poorer scaling with equipment and the mid range aspect of a misleadingly, not so impressive as you thought defense is one reason why its not a popular character in pvp. The other reason is simply because its damage is spread out so thin that it misleads people into thinking its DPS is a lot lower than it really is and players, especially western type players, like to see large numbers even if its slow and inconsistent (archers) just for the false impression that they are doing a lot of DPS when in reality they're doing as much or less, just in concentrated bursts as opposed to continuous multiple hits. In short while an archer sees 10,000 damage every second a summoner sees 400/s + 400/s +400/s +400/s + 2,200/s +2,200/s +4,000/s which is less satisfying to look at in the damage log, but it is regardless still 10,000 damage every second.
Last edited by KnightOfDarkness on Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KnightOfDarkness

Re: Epic Tale of Aden - Summoner skills

Postby Elmar » Mon Jun 16, 2014 3:30 pm

See, Skeeto, KnightOfDarkness is the expert :)

Since this is of general interest, I moved the thread to the Summoner section.
Elmar

Postby Skeeto » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:03 am

Thank you for the quick answer, also I'd like to know which summoner will be the best in this update, at the moment I am wynn elemental master, I wonder if the portal will be more useful than the other 2 wynn's skill

„Achieve one hundred victories in one hundred battles is not the peak of skills. Summit of skill is to defeat the enemy without fighting.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

Postby GirlyGirl » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:31 am

Skeeto wrote:Thank you for the quick answer, also I'd like to know which summoner will be the best in this update, at the moment I am wynn elemental master, I wonder if the portal will be more useful than the other 2 wynn's skill

There is no bad summoner :) one is solo-type (d.elf) one is crt. pty type (cats) and pure pty type (elf)
(\(\
( ._.)
o_(")(")
GirlyGirl

Postby CoSmoDREAM » Tue Jun 17, 2014 10:33 am

so new summoner skill can summon all party somewhere as like warcyer and can you give more detail about new summoner skill ? how is working skill ? when use skill I need to click to myself or friend/enemy ?
Innova / Core
Nick : CoSmoDREAM
Clan : Redguard
Castle : Rune
CoSmoDREAM

Postby Skeeto » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:03 am

GirlyGirl wrote:
Skeeto wrote:Thank you for the quick answer, also I'd like to know which summoner will be the best in this update, at the moment I am wynn elemental master, I wonder if the portal will be more useful than the other 2 wynn's skill

There is no bad summoner :) one is solo-type (d.elf) one is crt. pty type (cats) and pure pty type (elf)

What did you mean by "pure pt"?

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

Postby KnightOfDarkness » Tue Jun 17, 2014 11:50 am

I can't tell you which summoner is best in this update because each skill is useful for something different.

The Arcana Lord's Summon Protection Stone is good for small scale pvp as it increases the defenses of your party member within a select area and in small scale pvp you tend to stay in small location as opposed to mass pvp such as sieges where you are moving across the field attacking different parties spread across the battlefield. It is also a good olympiad skill when time'd corrected against key cooldowns of other classes and especially helps against tyrr warriors whom with berserker rage/guts and boost are incredibly difficult to deal with to the point of it being a 1-sided match because of their lack of defense against them when these skills are up considering they almost cannot be CC'd due to the 90% debuff resistance.

The Elemental Master's Summon Instant Movement Portal and Instant Movement skills are for the summoner and its servitors only. It's sole use is for soloing, it being a mostly olympiad skill as well as a way of losing aggression from itself during mass pvp. It is an uncharastically selfish skill for a more selfless race. :)

The Spectral Master's Summon Phantom Cross is an AOE nuke with a Debuff attached that is good for lowering the offensive power of attackers in all forms of pvp making it the most overall useful skill though it still can be cleansed off in pvp rather quickly by aeore healers and is still dependant on the enemy's debuff immunities/resistances being down for it to effectively work besides being a simple damage boost.

Hope that helped.
KnightOfDarkness

Postby Skeeto » Tue Jun 17, 2014 12:01 pm

It did help, you get interested me about the Portal, the enemy will be losing targert? Because I do not need next portal skill like "Replace" which is completly useless in most of situations :D
And the other thing, do you have any idea where and how we will be able to obtain those "stones" for learn those skills?

Sun Tzu, The Art of War
Skeeto

Next

Return to Summoner Classes