Orfen

Here you will find information about the updates known in Korea as "Etina's End", "The Return of the Forgotten Kings" and "Orfen"

Re: Orfen

Postby Elmar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:14 pm

Dawe wrote:Whats that? Orfen on top/Ant Queen on bottom?

The force field containing the Sea of Spores broke, evil influences found their way in, and even though the Ivory Tower wizards succeeded in quickly repairing the damage, restoring the protective magic, Orfen and all the creatures inside had already evolved into much stronger and really dangerous forms:
http://lineage2.power.plaync.com/wiki/% ... 4%EB%8B%A4
Elmar

Postby Illogical » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Dawe wrote:Whats that? Ofen on top/Ant queen on bottom?

Honestly, it looks more like Istina without her 20 tits then an Orfen-Ant hybrid )
Illogical

Postby Elmar » Fri Dec 08, 2017 8:25 pm

Draecke wrote:any idea why NC Korea refuses to give the export Regions the same XP curve as them ? we reached the point now that more & more ppl will quit cause they're frustrated about being stuck for this long at lvl105 while everyone knows in Korea players reached lvl110 like 5 Months ago..

The only reason I could think of is the difference in the respective L2Stores. While we have all sorts of stackabale exp Runes available, the Koreans only have the Emperor's Growth Scroll, which incresaes exp and SP by 30% for 1 hour:
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage ... ageIndex=2
http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage ... 109&dci=50

I would say that after observing the happenings at NCWest for the last 6 years the Korean leadership has come to the conclusion that Westerners are so stupid that they will pay anything just to be one level above their competition. So they make leveling as hard as possible, forcing the big-nosed dimwits to spend hundreds of dollars per month on L2Store items. And if one day the cattle gives up in frustration, that's no problem either. Simply shut down the game and let them go play WoW :D
Elmar

Postby MYSTERYouse » Sat Dec 09, 2017 2:20 pm

Elmar wrote:
Draecke wrote:any idea why NC Korea refuses to give the export Regions the same XP curve as them ? we reached the point now that more & more ppl will quit cause they're frustrated about being stuck for this long at lvl105 while everyone knows in Korea players reached lvl110 like 5 Months ago..

The only reason I could think of is the difference in the respective L2Stores. While we have all sorts of stackabale exp Runes available, the Koreans only have the Emperor's Growth Scroll, which incresaes exp and SP by 30% for 1 hour:

So only way to get to 106 nowadays is to use fishing baits 105 from store, I mean by keeping your own sanity.
MYSTERica - Yul Trickster 104 / (100 Wynn Summoner) - (Doombringer 80) - (Soulhound 80) ... but dwarf in a nature
MYSTERYouse

Postby zlz » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:57 pm

Elmar wrote:I would say that after observing the happenings at NCWest for the last 6 years the Korean leadership has come to the conclusion that Westerners are so stupid that they will pay anything just to be one level above their competition. So they make leveling as hard as possible, forcing the big-nosed dimwits to spend hundreds of dollars per month on L2Store items. And if one day the cattle gives up in frustration, that's no problem either. Simply shut down the game and let them go play WoW :D

add another stupidity for making almost impossible to kill raids in open field and instances for peoples who spend 15-20€/month for game.
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Elmar » Sat Dec 09, 2017 5:03 pm

As far as I understand it, the purpose of increasing the difficulty of Raid Bosses was to make those raids a clan event, with many Damage Dealers being played by real players.

I guess that what with the high CRP requirement for leveling up a clan the age of the one CP clans will draw to an end and people will amalgamate into a few long-established clans to get the full benefit of temporary clan skills etc.
Then everybody can go out together and slay those Bosses :)
Elmar

Postby zlz » Fri Jan 12, 2018 5:43 am

hello, i'm with same old question:
any plans to change clan war system in future updates?
or innova/ncwest should ask for overseas edition for that..

sry for OT..
t92 commander
zlz

Postby Elmar » Fri Jan 12, 2018 10:28 am

Nothing in that respect has even been hinted at :)
Elmar

Postby Mcateer » Wed Jan 17, 2018 2:46 pm

I haven't read anything about that either sadly. I wish they would revamp the whole system. What do you guys think?
Mcateer

Postby Elmar » Wed Jan 17, 2018 3:29 pm

I just don't see it happening. One thing that's problematic with the current Clan War System is that bad persons trick afk macro botters into killing them, thus starting a war. This is working as intended. When Director Lee Seong-gu from Lineage M, where they have the same macro system, was asked about this, he said that it is "an important element of the competition between players" (유저간 경쟁의 한 요소라고 본다):
http://www.inven.co.kr/webzine/news/?news=177830
(about halfway down the page)

In other words, if you don't want to inadvertently start a clan war, don't use macros while afk.

Another problem is spies from enemy clans who deliberately let themselves be killed. This can easily be circumvented by not recruiting random players but requiring them to submit a detailed application with photo, real-life address, curriculum vitae etc.
In Korea it's standard procedure that recruits meet the clan leader in person in some internet café. Personal relationships are a vital part of what Koreans see a clan of being about.
Elmar

PreviousNext

Return to Etina's End