Checking L2 again, got some questions

Re: Checking L2 again, got some questions

Postby Elmar » Fri May 04, 2018 2:18 pm

KenLee wrote:By the way, about mentee, is there something I've missed at level 84 going to 85? It seems the quests stop at 84, in case I didn't miss one of the quests. On subclass you can repeat these quests but not on main character, so I went to swamp and did my 84 to 85 level. It's good xp but it takes a while, as you hit low with S-grade free equipment and skills sometimes fail, and besides all that, there are plenty of bots around.

That's working as intended. If you don't want to grind out the last level in the Dragon Valley, you can either do the daily Mithril Mines run, which will take you about a month to get to lvl 85, but you will have more than 30 million adena in your bag, or you can powerlevel your Mentee in the Bloody Swampland or the Fairy Settlement in Magmeld. Keep in mind, the "pulling" character must be at most 9 levels above the Mentee, in your case 93, and you must check whether the monsters still give you exp (if they are red to the Mentee they won't). With your Mentee at lvl 84, you can do the eastern part of the Fairy Settlement (the higher one). I myself have Phantom Summoner Dual Classes on former Mentees to pull up the next generation. They are ideal for those lower level hunting grounds.
Elmar

Postby KenLee » Fri May 04, 2018 2:35 pm

It was actually easier than expected. I went to Bloody Swampland solo, as the level difference is too high, and lots of mobs on the way to Altar of Evil are actually white at 84. It's around 1% xp every 3 mobs, so around 300 mobs to level up. I don't know how much time I've spent, took m around 2-3 hours I think, solo without help, and it was done. I should prepare some 85 DD character for the next time, like you said, a summoner.
KenLee

Postby KenLee » Sun May 06, 2018 10:35 pm

Hopefully it's not too much for this forum, but I got a stupid question, once again. Did they lift the restrictions for elf and dark elf classes, and dual class restriction? Those are more like two questions but here are my observations.

First one is that one of my alts is a DE, and as a dark elf I could take elemental master as subclass, make it dual class and awake as a wynn em as a dark elf. Did they lift the restrictions or is it because the main class of my character is tyrr and this class is not available to dark or the other elfs?

Second one, I remember it was said everywhere that you can't take another subclass or even dual from the same group (another feoh or tyrr and so on), yet on another alt I've made I could take a subclass of the same group and even make it a dual class.
KenLee

Postby Draecke » Mon May 07, 2018 1:02 pm

Those restrictions are gone now and the only ones left are for kamael & the new race besides the maestro & dominator race lock

actually there's now a new service where you can change race and char model except for the above mentioned two races aka a light elf fighter can be changed to orc mage and will get the base stats of the orc race etc. - check the services section on the official website for more details.

and yes one can now have main & dual class of same arch type

there's an special event called Red Libra which allows you for a price to change dual class even outside the current archtype while retaining the current level - skill oe will be reset obviously - and during same event you can also exchange R/R95/R99 weapons to a different type like R99 sword to bow etc.
Draecke

Postby KenLee » Tue May 08, 2018 6:54 am

That is very good to know, thanks! Because of such a long break I've missed all these little details.

From what I see, It probably doesn't matter much what race you're now, as so many things give stats right now that it feels kinda meaningless. I remember in the past it mattered a lot more, and also because you could get race specific skills (unbind for human and so on), which now seems to be for everyone the same after awakening. After GoD I took the advantage of free main class change so this is why I ended up having alts as dark elf tyrr, dwarf sigel and so on.

Dual class change is an option I guess, if you want a fast level with a DD class. I remember having groups all the time on my subclass, because it was a healer. Now you can barely see groups going on, only duo, and you have to be either a strong DD or an Iss. I didn't know about exchanging weapons. Does it keep the enchant level or anything, like the old mammon until B grade, or do you have to come up with a clean weapon?
edit: I found the answer, 'Enchant level, Augments, and Soul Crystal SAs will transfer over to the new weapon'.
KenLee

Postby Draecke » Tue May 08, 2018 8:47 am

imo race does still matter when looking at stats like base STR or CON etc and racial passives like +1% pcrit damage or skill reuse all factors in
Draecke

Previous

Return to Questions