What is the future of NC West?

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Draecke » Sat Jun 02, 2018 5:51 pm

this is the link in question: http://lineage2nshop.plaync.com/lineage2/shopAnnouncement/468?pageIndex=1

1st picture shows Dragon Artifact Box
2nd picture shows Dragon Item Box
3rd Shiny Dragon Item Box
4th Artifact Aquisition
5th Sayha Talismans
6th Shirt odds Shiny/Physical/Magic
7th Dragon Shirt
8th Brooch Jewels Compound odds
Draecke
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Quitted » Sun Jun 03, 2018 10:50 pm

Hey Draecke :D

Idk next manteinance there will be a pay2rift ;) with the kaliel annihilation as maximum prize.

I've seen on innova the new epic jewels. As soon as I will remember where i saw them i'll post the link.

P.s. did they update the login eula? Reading some comments on ncwest it seems so.
Quitted
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 pm

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Elmar » Mon Jun 04, 2018 4:35 am

The next gambling event at NCWest will be Freya’s Summer Shopping Bag:
https://forums.lineage2.com/topic/1787- ... e-preview/
http://lineage2.plaync.com/promo/lineag ... kfreyaday2

This works basically along the lines of the current event, just with different names for the items. You buy a Freya Shopping Bag and get with a probability of 90% a Snowman Card and with a probability of 10% a Freya Card:

Image


From the Snowman Card the highest level prize is a Kaliel's Energy (Desire) with a probability of 0.045%:

Image


From the Freya Card the highest level prize is a Lindvior Earring with a probability of 0.001%:

Image

But since you get a Freya Card only with a probability of 10%, the chance to actually obtain that Lindvior Earring is only 0.0001%.

Good Luck! :mrgreen:
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Draecke » Mon Jun 04, 2018 9:34 pm

Quitted wrote:Hey Draecke :D

Idk next manteinance there will be a pay2rift ;) with the kaliel annihilation as maximum prize.

I've seen on innova the new epic jewels. As soon as I will remember where i saw them i'll post the link.

P.s. did they update the login eula? Reading some comments on ncwest it seems so.


the Angels Earring & Necklace I bet, would be interesting to see how they will address the upgrade process seeing how neither Innova nor NCWest have the Shilenite process on their servers
Draecke
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Elmar » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:31 pm

Here is something completely different I just found:
Jesse Taylor, formerly Senior Vice President, Mobile, has been removed from the Executive Team at NCWest:
https://us.ncsoft.com/en/about-us/#sect ... utive-team

This man doesn't exist any more:

Image
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=407&start=2020#p37614

I guess this means that they have pulled the plug on the Iron Tiger Mobile Studio in San Mateo. Also check this press release from May 17:
https://us.ncsoft.com/en/about-us/#ncso ... nt_officer
At the end it syas " Later this year, NCSOFT will launch the first mobile title of several planned for 2018 in the west." In connection with the realignment of the Executive Team this could mean that all development of mobile games has been concentrated in Seoul, which would make sense when you try to use your resources as efficiently as possible.


Fun fact:
Chris Corry, the new guy on the Team, came from Kabam. Check what Aram found here:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=1522&start=90#p35313

Would you lend this man your car?

Image
https://us.ncsoft.com/en/about-us/#sect ... utive-team

:D
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Laby » Sat Jun 09, 2018 6:46 pm

Still listed as working in NCSoft on LinkedIn tho : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesset4/
Laby - Naia EU Server, Ptitlaby - Gran Kain RU Server, Laby - Skelth EU Classic Server
Pony Master \o/
Laby
 
Posts: 1744
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:19 pm

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Draecke » Sun Jun 10, 2018 6:50 am

Laby wrote:Still listed as working in NCSoft on LinkedIn tho : https://www.linkedin.com/in/jesset4/


Maybe or he did lose his job and didn't update as to keep up appearances as it's harder to negotiate salary on new job if you're unemployed etc - lots of ppl do that..
Draecke
 
Posts: 1769
Joined: Wed Apr 20, 2011 9:34 pm

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Elmar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 1:21 pm

While it is in theory possible that Jesse Taylor is still working at NCsoft, like in the case of Cryo and Juji who were still listed with their old positions on LinkedIn while in fact having gone on to other activities, I tend to agree with Draecke that he was really fired. Keep in mind, the honorable Mr. Taylor catastrophically failed to deliver, with his department now being 1 1/2 years behind schedule, thus making Yun Song-yi, the driving force behind the reorientation towards mobile games, severely lose face. My bet would be that he was not moved sideways into some still-secret Virtual Reality Department or something like that, but got to feel the full wrath of Dr. Yun :D

The interesting question is, which mobile title will we get to see "later this year" (or next year, or the year after that)? Will it be a game specifically developed for the Western market - what the Iron Tiger Studios were supposed to do - or will it be a localised Korean game like Final Blade or Aion Tempest?

Don't forget, Kabam is a wholly owned subsidiary of Netmarble, which in turn owns 8.9% of NCsoft. Back in 2014 Hime was a Nexon plant, and now Chris Corry is a Netmarble plant. History repeating :mrgreen:
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Elmar » Sun Jun 10, 2018 5:50 pm

Update:
I just saw that NCsoft intends to take Lineage [1] M global:
https://www.koreatimes.co.kr/www/tech/2 ... 49010.html

In the article itself they just mention Japan, but possibly this will the mythical mobile game that will be released at NCWest later this year.
User avatar
Elmar
 
Posts: 4957
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:52 pm
Location: Germany/China

Re: What is the future of NC West?

Postby Quitted » Thu Jun 14, 2018 6:53 am

Draecke wrote:
the Angels Earring & Necklace I bet, would be interesting to see how they will address the upgrade process seeing how neither Innova nor NCWest have the Shilenite process on their servers



https://imgur.com/a/7TvZvAh

Enjoy

Edit the circlets are on innova too

https://eu.4gameforum.com/threads/657872/

the doom is really near
Quitted
 
Posts: 28
Joined: Tue May 22, 2018 10:09 pm

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot] and 0 guests